cervical contractions anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-19-2007, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been having these during this pregnancy as long as I can remember. Sometimes it feels like a bowling ball is weighing down from the inside of my vagina, or the baby is trying to reach out to wave hello. I don't think they are abnormal, just ANNOYING! If I drink water and do pelvic rocks that usually helps. Is this a form of BH? My belly never tightens like other women have described when having BH, or at least I don't think it does. I usually get them during the first 3 hours that I awake, and again in the evening after laying down on the couch. I am at +36 weeks BTW. Oh yeah...and the baby is always active when they occur.
#2 of 5 Old 07-20-2007, 06:02 AM

I have BHs, but I also have these - feels like the baby is punching my cervix from inside. Twinges. Sometimes they are very startling. Hopefully it means you're opening up.
#3 of 5 Old 07-20-2007, 08:44 AM

I've been having these too although I wouldn't really call them contractions, twinges maybe. I tell dh it feels like the baby is trying to claw or poke her way out. I think it's because she's very low and running out of room. Last night I could feel her head moving around behind my pubic bone. I was in bed trying to fall asleep otherwise I was sure if I stuck a finger up there I'd be able to feel her head.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#4 of 5 Old 07-20-2007, 11:29 AM

Oh my, I have been getting these A LOT.I think they really started to kick in at about 35 weeks...that is when I noticed them while walking..and had to stop walking every time they happened..which could be as frequent as every 3 minutes. Ugh.

It feels like the babies head pushing down and I get sharp pains all around my pubic area and cervix. Ouch! It does make walking very difficult sometimes!

I just try to envision my cervix opening up and changing when they happen..hopefully that helps it really open somehow...they don't necessarily go along with the BH contractions..but they have been happening more and more together as the weeks go by. However, I am also not feeling all of my BH contractions like I have with other pregnancies...so it could be always with a contraction for all I really know.
#5 of 5 Old 07-21-2007, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I began noticing this with my nursing contractions 2-3 months ago, and it happens with a lot of my BHs lately. It's not the most pleasant feeling in the world, but I think it does help prepare your cervix for labor.

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 jumpers.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page