Who else is down to 3 outfits? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I swear, I am sooooooooo sick of wearing the same clothes over and over and over and over again.
I just want to fit into my old clothes, and I'm especially anxious to get into fall/winter clothes since I'm tired of hot weather. I'm down to a few very lightweight sundresses that pretty much just hang loosely and cause the least amount of sweating. I want jeans to be comfortable again.
I was at my parents house the other day and got into "my drawer" in the spare bedroom and there was a pair of my favorite jeans. I miss my jeans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 01:58 AM

OOoh me!

Except for that wanting to get into fall/winter clothes..I hate fall and winter!

I do only have about 3 outfits left..I have to do laundry constantly so that I have something to wear and it is REALLY getting old : ..every time I turn around I am out of clothes.

I can not wait to have more things to choose from..though I am scared to see what is left in my wardrobe that will also FIT me after giving birth..I may be worse off than I am now for a few weeks...
#3 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 02:29 AM

I have lots of maternity stuff that still fits. Including some really cute stuff I made....but....I just want to be in a tank top and knit yoga pants or a skirt. It's soooooo hot! I'm normally not a tank top person, and so I only have two--black and white. And I'm sure everyone thinks I must only have those two shirts LOL

I can't wait for fall and winter either I love the cool crisp fall and cold winter! It's SOOO much easier to get warm than get cool......you can ONLY take off so many clothes LOL

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#4 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 10:29 AM

i wanna go on a shopping spree! haha, that won't be happening in this lifetime.
my biggest peeve is having my larger than normal thighs always sticking and rubbing together, and having any pressure around my waist makes me pee, so i mostly wear sundresses/nightgowns, and deal with the thigh issue.
i miss being "skinny"
#5 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 10:32 AM

I have lots of things that still "fit" tenchinically, but only one dress left that is still comfy.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#6 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 11:53 AM

3 outfits?!?!!? try 1 or less... my shirts are all too small. i feel gross walking around with half my belly hanging out the bottom of my shirts. i'd just wear dh's old punk t shirts but it's HOT and i can't bear the idea of wearing that much fabric.
#7 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 12:02 PM

I bought a bunch of maternity clothes earlier in the pregnancy, mostly size small. A cowrker who'd recently had a baby also brought in a whole box of size large tops to lend me, and I thanked her and took them home just to be polite, but thought to myself, I'll never get big enough to wear these! Now thanks to the box of large clothes I have enough comfortable tops, but I've grown out of all my skirts and pants and shorts except for 1 skirt that is still comfortable (one of the few size mediums I got!) and a couple of dresses, only one of which is nice enough to wear to work. So I have basically two comfortable work outfits and the rest of the time my circulation is getting cut off and my feet are swelling up because my skirts are too tight ... I am seriously considering actually spending money on a couple more bigger size skirts, even though I only have two weeks left at work before I go on maternity leave! I don't think I can go two more weeks stuffed into tiny maternity skirts that don't let me breathe!

When I am home, I basically wear the same sundress all the time, or a tank top and a pair of really loose knit drawstring shorts that I wouldn't be seen in public with ...
#8 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 09:34 PM

Me, too... It's getting pretty sad. I'm okay on shirts, but only have on pair of pants I can stand to wear to work. Another good reason to go on maternity leave soon!

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#9 of 18 Old 07-23-2007, 02:29 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
3 outfits? Lucky you!!! I'm down to one! I have one pair of jeans that kind of almost fit me if I wear the elastic *really* low (but there's a hole in the stretchy part in back), and one shirt that I can wear without my belly hanging out. Unless, of course, my belly gets any bigger or lower, because the shirt just barely covers me. Unfortunately the sleeves go down to my elbows, which sucks when it's consistently in the 80s. At home I just walk around in dp's light, breezy pj pants (although my belly is threatening to outgrow the elastic waistbands) and tank tops that fit 3 months ago, but whenever I go out it's the same freaking outfit.

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 and welcoming a new little one in May 2015
#10 of 18 Old 07-23-2007, 09:44 AM

I just want to be naked!
I can't stand having anything constricting around my belly or under it and I hate having the elastic band of my bra around my chest.
I found the softest cotton babydoll nighgown in my drawer the other day and I've been wearing that around the house. I warned my dh that I wasn't trying to turn him on.
When I have to go out... its a tank top (although I'm threatening to outgrown them) and the most comfortable bottom half I can find... which comes off as soon as I'm back home.
I love being pregnant but I saw some *normal* pictures of me the other day and really longed to be back in my regular clothes. I actually thought "wow! am I normally that thin?!" :

BUT... the baby is a lot easier to take care of where it is now. Always happy, not crying, well fed, held, warm, content, clean, safe...
#11 of 18 Old 07-23-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artgirl View Post
I just want to be naked!
Me too! I have 4 dresses (all knit jersey) that are semi-work appropriate and fit. Thank goodness it is our slow season. In the afternoons/weekends, I squeeze myself into my last pair of pg jeans that almost fit and one of two t-shirts, but my belly hangs out the bottom.

Soon. So soon in the big scheme of things, I will be back into cute, regular clothes, but right now it feels like FOREVER.

Happy wife to DH superhero.gifand mama to DS signcirc1.gif11/05 and DD energy.gif8/07.
#12 of 18 Old 07-23-2007, 10:35 AM

Yeah, it's getting harder and harder to find clothes to wear to work. At home, I don't care. I have some man sleep pants in 3x that are perfect. I am longing for the days when I can wear jeans again.
#13 of 18 Old 07-23-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artgirl View Post

BUT... the baby is a lot easier to take care of where it is now. Always happy, not crying, well fed, held, warm, content, clean, safe...
Yes that's what I keep thinking about mine! Though I'm a bit thrown by the idea that the placenta can get old, and these non-stress tests are, well, a bit of stress.
#14 of 18 Old 07-23-2007, 04:50 PM

I told my sister who is living with us for the summer, that when I go on maternity leave in 2 weeks I am going to have "nakey time" around the house until the baby is born. I practiced this weekend as our air conditioner was broken Can you say 110 with 47% humidity!!:
Luckily, I still have several outfits that fit as my Mom sewed some great summer dresses for me. I just don't want to be wearing anything!

Dear hubby surf.gif, dd1 (8) dust.gif ds1 (5)hbac.gif and dd2 (NB) hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg

#15 of 18 Old 07-23-2007, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=artgirl;8706763]I I love being pregnant but I saw some *normal* pictures of me the other day and really longed to be back in my regular clothes. I actually thought "wow! am I normally that thin?!" : /QUOTE]

Me too! We got back some black and white family photos we had taken when I was in my first trimester. We had had them framed. Anyway, I looked at my face, neck and shoulders and thought, "Holy cow! I look so thin!" You tend to forget what you look like normally. And I'm never really "thin." But anyway, I will be glad to lose the baby weight. I'm not one of those women who only gains the 23 pounds necessary for a healthy pregnancy. I try, but to no avail.
#16 of 18 Old 07-23-2007, 10:16 PM

My clothes still fit, but not without part of my belly peeking out. I hate it! I'm constantly pulling my shirt down or my pants up.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#17 of 18 Old 07-24-2007, 11:08 AM

I got tired of my limited maternity clothes long ago. Originally, I bought 3 long skirts (I don't do pants), 2 casual and one black dressy one (too hot to wear now). I got a few shirts, and I figured that if I really needed more I would just buy some cheap large shirts somewhere.

Anyway, one of my casual skirts started getting a bit uncomfortable at about 7 months. So, I have been wearing basically only the one other skirt when I go out.

I stained a few of my maternity shirts. I never was clutzy before, but now I can't keep from dripping food!

So, I was down to very few clothes that I felt looked OK. I decided to order a dress from Target's website. I am so glad I did. It is so comfortable. If I wear it without a bra, it feels like I am wearing my nightgown.

Speaking of bras, I still can go without one entirely. I went from just under a B cup to just over a B cup. I leak drips of colostrum, but not enough to be an issue. When I go out, I am still wearing my pre-pregnancy bras. For nursing bras, I was afraid to buy anything now because I don't know what size I will end up. But, I don't want to go shopping shortly after the birth, and I don't want to be without some way to hold on pads in case I need them. So, I got some sports bras with room to stretch.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#18 of 18 Old 07-24-2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post
I stained a few of my maternity shirts. I never was clutzy before, but now I can't keep from dripping food!
Haha... that's me, too

Fortunatley I'm still good on clothes. I think it's because, at least for shirts, I bought a roomier size to begin with. They're getting tight across the belly now but not exposing anything. I also bought alot of shirts that look maternity in style but aren't - I just bought bigger sizes.

I;ve just been thinking if I get pregnant again before I lose all the weight - would I have to buy even bigger clothes..... Guess I can't worry about that one yet!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page