Forum Jump: 

#121 of 135 Old 07-28-2007, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just experienced the first of last week's conversation:
crotch snot.
I guess that means progress, somehow...

I didn't want to put this on the belly thread, but I wanted to share it because I thought it was funny. My son took this picture laying on the floor.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...ksIMG_3038.jpg
#122 of 135 Old 07-28-2007, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagira View Post
I'm "stuff" ready, but not necessarily emotionally ready. I've been spending a lot of time playing and hugging my ds.. As an only child I can't imagine how our family will change and hence I'm in no hurry. At the same time I love her and can't wait to see what she's like. It's two things at once.
i know what you mean. ds is only 13mo and high needs. he's used to having me at any given moment, right that second when he needs me, for whatever reason. i held someone elses baby a few weeks back, and he was insanely jealous. poor little fella has no idea his little world is gonna come crashing down.

:

but on the other hand i can't wait to see and hold my little girl, and i know our home will have that much more love in it when she gets here.

so yeah, im a bit conflicted. but im ready as im gonna be.
#123 of 135 Old 07-29-2007, 11:06 AM

I'm hoping that L won't mind sharing me.....my big girls are old pros at this. Heck, my oldest dd knew I was pg months before I did !!

Lisa, mom to M : 6/02, R : 6/04, m/c 6/8/05, L 6/06, and E 8/07
#124 of 135 Old 07-29-2007, 04:11 PM

i am not ready in 3 ways:
1. not emotionally ready
2. not logistically ready -- the apt. is still a mess, in trying to make room for baby stuff, we have made a bigger mess of things
3. not wrapped up at work
#125 of 135 Old 07-29-2007, 05:06 PM

I'm ready for this baby emotionally and materially. But DH is now out of town until Wednesday, so I hope baby waits until at least Thursday. Luckily, I don't feel like I'm about to go into labor; I probably have at least a week or two (or three).

I'm having trouble sleeping, just because I'm so uncomfortable. My hips and shoulders hurt, my sacrum and pelvis like to shift and separate when I move or roll over.

BH contractions have slightly increased. Last night I had a contraction so strong it woke me up and I had to breathe through it, but it was just the one, and after 15 minutes or so I fell back to sleep. It's kind of funny that it felt painful enough to be an early labor contraction, but it wasn't even followed by any other contractions at all.

Tis the season, for hot apple cider!
#126 of 135 Old 07-29-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfThePride View Post
Last night I had a contraction so strong it woke me up and I had to breathe through it, but it was just the one, and after 15 minutes or so I fell back to sleep. It's kind of funny that it felt painful enough to be an early labor contraction, but it wasn't even followed by any other contractions at all.
i have had a few good painful ones like this, but like yours mine weren't followed by anything more.
#127 of 135 Old 07-30-2007, 12:07 AM

Had bloody show/mucous plug come out at 1:10 PM. today and I'm still having pinkish/brownish discharge. Could still be two weeks away, but hey..

It's a sign I never had with my first so I'm excited

Had a few contractions here and there, but painless irregular ones. Only 1.5 cm. dilated, baby -1 station, cervix very very soft, effacing (don't know how much though). Things are happening, just not rapidly.

Will keep you posted.
#128 of 135 Old 07-30-2007, 12:57 AM

My poor son has a fever. He's had a cough today and this evening said his tummy hurt and didn't eat supper, now he is super hot to the touch and says he is cold, but it's like 80 degrees out here. I haven't taken his temperature yet. I'm just worried about him getting dehydrated, since it's hot out and he hasn't really drank anything this evening. But he has been peeing every hour or so, so he's probably fine for right now. He wanted me to just put him to bed and leave him alone, so I'll check his ear temperature later after he's asleep.

My poor baby. I hope this is a short illness. He hasn't been sick since early this spring. He's usually pretty healthy.

#129 of 135 Old 07-30-2007, 02:06 AM

Aww...I hope he is feeling better soon!!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#130 of 135 Old 07-30-2007, 10:27 AM

DS is much better this morning! His fever is gone, and he's eating and drinking. I wonder what that was? Well, it seems to be gone.

Last night I dreamed that I went into labor while I was home alone, and it was so fast I couldn't even call anybody. I just laid down and had the baby on my living room floor! LOL My baby was perfectly healthy, and the birth was not painful.

#131 of 135 Old 07-30-2007, 02:37 PM

I do NOT feel ready for the baby. Emotionally I am not there yet -- perhaps because we do not have names? (thanks to DH). Logistically our house is an absolute hazard for me -- tons and tons of little baby clothes -- 0-3 and 3-6 mo. stuff. And it would be an issue of epic proportions if I left work with this stupid paperwork undone. Was going to do it yesterday but DH left his power cord at work and so he got it; as a feminist I hate to be writing this but frankly it feels like his job matters more.

Not thinking so much about the birth at the moment -- perhaps I should be? I think a lot about when it will be -- FWIW, I've got my $ on 8/15, and DH on 8/19. My last day of work is 8/14 -- trying to hang in for a humungous trial -- and I have images of my water breaking on the subway on the way home.
#132 of 135 Old 07-30-2007, 05:05 PM

PiePie, If your water breaks on the subway or something, at least you don't have to worry about your furniture or cleaning it up.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#133 of 135 Old 07-30-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post
PiePie, If your water breaks on the subway or something, at least you don't have to worry about your furniture or cleaning it up.
:

#134 of 135 Old 07-31-2007, 09:14 AM

Speaking of water breaking and cleaning up, today I am going to tape a bunch of chux pads together and put them under where I sleep and where I hang out on the couch all day.

I already have a sheet that I keep over the couch to keep it cleaner (the couch cover is washable, but won't fit into my washer so I take it twice a year to a laundromat.) I have a cat with a tendency to vomit, and both cats come in with muddy feet and whatever. Also, DH and I eat on the couch a lot and it invariably gets dripped on. So, I keep a sheet over it unless I have company.

So, the chux pads will be held into place by the sheet on the couch, and the sheet on the bed. The couch's sheet is in the wash right now, so I will do it later after it is dry.

Also, since the cats have been showing some signs of fleas, I plan to make little sachets of bay leaf and hide them under the couch sheet too, in the areas of the couch where the cats sleep. I hope that works.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#135 of 135 Old 07-31-2007, 09:21 AM

you know, all the talk of cleaning up after water breaking makes me think back to my mom and the birth of my son. My water broke in the tub and we left for the hospital as soon as I was able to get halfway dressed because things were happening fast and furiously.

My mom came with us, stayed most of the night and finally went home to sleep around 3 a.m. By the time I came home from the hospital 24 hrs. later she had scrubbed the tub out for me and cleaned the rest of the bathroom.

It's sooooo nice to have people who care about you helping when you're having a baby.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page