TMI~gooey stuff.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 08-04-2007, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi~

Okay I know this is tmi so sorry in advanced! Just wondering if any of you mamas have ever had anything like this before:

When I wipe after I pee there is gooey brownish stuff on the toilet paper... it's so nasty!

Also, today after I pee'd there was a bigger peice of it in the toliet! Ew!

Is it something to worry about, do you think, or could it actually be normal?

I don't think it's my mucous plug because it has been like this for a week now...
#2 of 17 Old 08-04-2007, 12:41 PM

I would say it is your mucus plug. It can sometimes come out little by little and it also can regenerate.

Sounds like your body's getting ready!
#3 of 17 Old 08-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Banned

That's the mucous plug slowly coming out. Cool
#4 of 17 Old 08-04-2007, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Hmm..for some reason I just didn't think it was the mucous plug b/c with my first pregnancy it came out all at once.

Sooo...please remind me....how long usually after the mucous plug comes out does labor begin?

I so need to read up on this stuff again,
#5 of 17 Old 08-04-2007, 02:25 PM

not in your ddc per se but due sept 1 so i may be....lol

with my first...my plug came out just like yours is. started at about 36wks and i went almost 42wks with dd.....

i totally thought it would come out all at once bc the books and such don't tell you otherwise.....i just remember it being gross...

i am 36wks today and so far nothing like the first time....it's a bit gooey but nothing tinged....i am 2cm and 80% as of thursday at my visit (asked my MW to check me bc i was feeling all kinds of pressure) but taht's about what i was last time about the same time...

i think once i started getting the tinged stuff on the TP I was about 8 days out from delivery!!!!!
#6 of 17 Old 08-04-2007, 02:55 PM

A friend's came out all in one piece, and she went into labor that night. Mine has been coming out in pieces since Tuesday night, and I've had lots of contractions, but nothing too progressive yet.

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#7 of 17 Old 08-04-2007, 03:04 PM

When mine came out with my first pregnancy, it started coming out a bit in the morning, then that night I lost a big chunk. My contractions started 45 mins later and 24 hrs later ds was born.

I read it can sometimes be a week later though.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#8 of 17 Old 08-04-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine's mama View Post
with my first...my plug came out just like yours is. started at about 36wks and i went almost 42wks with dd.....
Ack- I don't wain to hear this I've started noticing the same thing for a few days (just clear, though) and I keep thinking it's a sign that I'm getting close. I don't know if I can take 2 more weeks.:
#9 of 17 Old 08-04-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyleigh View Post
Ack- I don't wain to hear this I've started noticing the same thing for a few days (just clear, though) and I keep thinking it's a sign that I'm getting close. I don't know if I can take 2 more weeks.:
Well it is a sign you are close even if it is in two weeks. You have been pregnant almost a year after all . So on the spectrum two weeks really isn't that long.
#10 of 17 Old 08-04-2007, 03:41 PM

It's true. I keep telling myself no matter what I am getting closer. It's such a tricky time- wanting to enjoy these last moments of my baby in my belly and that intimacy that we will never share again in the same way and also wanting to move forward with the next phase.

Part of my just wants to get through the birth so I can relax. Yeah, right, relax with my newborn... I have heard of such wonders from friends- my girlfriend called it post partum bliss. I'd like an order of that, please.
#11 of 17 Old 08-04-2007, 03:45 PM

The lovely (I suppose in a twisted way ) thing about the mucus plug is it can regenerate. So losing it now doesn't mean labour is right around the corner...it jsut means it's coming out. You could have the baby in the next day or it could stop coming out and rebuild and you could not have the baby for two more weeks.

Comforting huh? I do think, though, that once it becomes more bloody show as opposed to a plain ol' plug in your drawers you are more likely to get things rolling.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#12 of 17 Old 08-04-2007, 05:26 PM

Yeah, I didn't loose mine til I was in labor, I believe every time(things start to blur together with this many pregnancies LOL).

It is differetn for everyone, and can be differetn for each of your own pregnancies too. Hang in there, it will happen!!!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#13 of 17 Old 08-04-2007, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I didn't lose my plug until I was well into labor with ds. This time, it's been coming out in little booger-size chunks for about a week and a half.

It means you'll definitely have your baby eventually!

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 jumpers.gif

#14 of 17 Old 08-04-2007, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantesmama View Post

Okayyyyy- this is comforting!! It's funny though to hear about everyone's mucous plugs, it comforts me in a strange, weird way! Thanks!
#15 of 17 Old 08-05-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantesmama View Post
HA! I just keep hoping this is true. I got nothing to indicate much going on at all; I'm a little jealous of the mucus plug ladies, even if it's gross! Though I've spent the whole pregnancy telling baby "late, late, late" so that I can get through school. Now as we wind down the weeks, I'm just ready to be done. 39 weeks tomorrow! OUT D*%$ED MUCUS PLUG, OUT!

mama to my little lion, Ariel since 10 Aug 2007
all about love
#16 of 17 Old 08-07-2007, 03:26 AM

I think I'm losing mine, but I don't know. It's a snotty color. Could that be it? Whatever it is, it's gross.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#17 of 17 Old 08-07-2007, 11:22 AM

My mucus is coming out like that too. For about 10 days now. I am comforted to know that I can still go a few more weeks, because I want the baby to stay in until we get my BP issues resolved. If i were to go into labor now, I might have to go to the hospital. I am hoping to get my blood pressure down before labor. So, I am asking the baby to stay put until we fix it.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page