burning after dtd - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-05-2007, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After dh and I have sex I feel like I'm burning and on fire. Even if I immediately wash up it will continue to feel sore for awhile. If I put a yeast type of cream on it burns even worse. What can I do to stop this?

I want to tell him not to come inside me but then the sperm can't help do it's job!
#2 of 12 Old 08-05-2007, 12:07 PM

Hmmmmmm, I don't know. But I don't think it's the sperm that is causing the burning; it's more likely the friction. If it's not yeast, then perhaps you're just really sensitive right now. Are you guys doing it a lot? I've never experienced it with dh, but I used to have a boyfriend that I was VERY active with, and sometimes I would burn afterward when we did it a lot. Even with a shower. I don't know how to make it stop other than just not having sex. But I know that you want the prostaglandin. Hmmmmmmm . . . . . . .

I hope someone else has a better answer. Sorry mama!
#3 of 12 Old 08-05-2007, 01:22 PM

I feel pretty sore after dh and I dtd too, no burning though. I want those prostaglandins, but it sure puts a damper on things to know I won't be able to fall asleep afterwards and even when I do that I'll be sore and achey all night and not sleep well.

mama to DS born 9/7/05, DD born 8/20/07, DS born 9/4/10 and DS born 11/26/13

Loving our chaotic, crunchy, homeschooling life!
#4 of 12 Old 08-05-2007, 02:26 PM

Whenever I've had that happen it's been because of yeast. I'm sorry mama. No good advice here. I know BV can cause that kind of burning too though.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#5 of 12 Old 08-05-2007, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll try to get back into taking the acidophillus. I'll need it anyway since I'm positive for strep b (abx... yuck).
#6 of 12 Old 08-05-2007, 07:36 PM

perhaps you could try some lube?
#7 of 12 Old 08-07-2007, 03:25 AM

I was going to suggest lube as well. For some reason I'm very dry right now and the other night, it really hurt but we kept going anyway. Afterwards, going pee was painful. It felt like burning but I know it was cause of the friction and not enough lube.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#8 of 12 Old 08-07-2007, 03:29 AM

I'm also going to guess yeast- sometimes it burns more when you first start treating it. Keep treating and see if it clears up.

Ali, mama to my amazing Arabella 1/14/06
Newly married to Patrick love.gif Expecting someone new in April!
#9 of 12 Old 08-07-2007, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetinha View Post
After dh and I have sex I feel like I'm burning and on fire. Even if I immediately wash up it will continue to feel sore for awhile. If I put a yeast type of cream on it burns even worse. What can I do to stop this?

I want to tell him not to come inside me but then the sperm can't help do it's job!

I have the same thing (not in your DDC but a few weeks behind you ) - I should post this on my DDC too but I had to say

I feel your pain.

Last night we fooled around and afterward I felt swollen and stingy... I was thinking maybe it was yeast. The yeast meds would be stingy, try some garlic overnight? I'm going to try that tonight, I think.:

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#10 of 12 Old 08-07-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetinha View Post

FYI, in my childbirth class we learned that swallowing it is even more effective. It does better when it gets into the blood stream via the digestive system.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#11 of 12 Old 08-07-2007, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't want him to know about the swallowing part hehehe... ah well maybe that's the best route to go anyway.
I forgot about the connection between yeast and diet and last week I had more sugar (donuts, cake etc) than a person should eat in a month! So I have cut back on that and continued with the yeast remedies.... guess we'll find out soon enough!
#12 of 12 Old 08-07-2007, 02:41 PM
PPK

I've had this too, but only in these last few weeks of pg. I think its something to do w/the semen..I've never had a yeast infection and am pretty sure I'd know if I had one now. I've never heard about that swallowing would be as effecive for ctx (I wonder if that one was started by a man _), either way, I've still had no real ctx. yet.:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page