Baby LEO is here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-03-2007, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Baby Leo made his entrance on Aug. 31, 12:10pm after a quick 5 1/2 hour labor. He is 22 inches long and 9lbs!

My birth story will come in a bit. I've got to gather my thoughts since so many sequences of events made the birth happen. All I can say right now is that driving in a van for two hours during transition is NOT a good IDEA!

I love my baby boy and he is very, very sweet. I'll post pics soon.

Meg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 09-03-2007, 06:10 AM

Congratulations!

mama to   broc1.gif DS 6/06 and banana.gif DS 4/08
#3 of 10 Old 09-03-2007, 10:59 AM

Can't wait to hear the story!

Congrats!
#4 of 10 Old 09-03-2007, 02:33 PM

congratulations!!!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#5 of 10 Old 09-03-2007, 02:50 PM

Yeah!

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#6 of 10 Old 09-03-2007, 09:34 PM

Congratulations!!

momma to my girls (9) (7) (4) (3) (7m) &
my little ones held only in my heart 4/12-17/00~8/01-twins~11/04~3/05~11/08
#7 of 10 Old 09-04-2007, 01:54 AM

Congratulations!

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#8 of 10 Old 09-06-2007, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter

Birth story
On Wednesday, Aug. 29, I had my (almost) 40wk appointment with the midwife and found the baby posterior. I've been suspecting he had been in this position from about 37 weeks. It was time to fix it! That night I spent searching for a webster technique certified chiropractor and found one in the same town as my midwife (which is 2 hours away from my home). I went the next day. On the drive back home, I could feel the baby move and twist around in there. That night his movements were enormous and uncomfortable. I propped myself up on my knees and chest position on my bed for about an hour to give him the most room I could. He finally settled down about two in the morning and I went to sleep.

Aug. 31, 6:20am, I woke to find myself a little wet. I figured I had just peed a little. I went to the restroom and peed and found that the trickle didn't stop! My water broke...yay! I called my midwife but she was with another client two hours away from me. I figured this was ok since I knew that my labors were typically long. I went about getting ready at home for the birth. I set up the pool, and ate, and got my two girls breakfast. I woke up my hubs when the contractions got the point that I had to stop and breathe through them. By 7:30, the contractions were coming about every 3 minutes but were mild. By 8:30, they were much more intense and I realized that we could have a problem. My midwife gave us a choice: stay and deliver unassisted at home, go to the nearest hospital, or drive to her birth center two hours away. We opted for option three, although I knew that I was nearing transition and I didn't know if we could make it.

We didn't leave until 9:30 since we were waiting for my dad to pick up my girls so we could go. By then, I was contracting every 2 minutes and I was only getting about 30-40 seconds of rest in between. I dreaded this drive....I didn't want to be in the back seat since my no one was back there and I really needed hubby to keep me grounded. So I sat in the front right on the edge of the seat and tried breathing through each one. Throughout the whole ride, the cx (contractions) came every 2-3 minutes and lasted at least a minute each time. It was a very trying time. I can't say I kept my cool through that. Hubs was afraid that we would be delivering on the side of the road. 3/4 of the ride there, I felt pushy. During one of the cx, I felt a pop and shift down by my pubic bone. I've been having pubic pain in the last month of pregnancy, but I thought for sure it was my incision from my previous c/s. Later, I found that the popping noise was my pubic bone separating!!!! Ouch!

We arrived at the birth center at 11:35 and was checked. She said I was eight but since my cervix was swollen...she could also call me a six. All I heard was eight. I got into the tub right away and panted through the next ten cx since I felt so pushy. The swelling went down but my midwife still called me an "eight". I swore. Everyone laughed...but me. I truly wanted to be done. I changed my breathing to a slower sigh for the next five cx and was checked again and found to be "lip". My midwife supported my lip while I pushed the baby past it. I was finally complete!!! I couldn't wait to push.

The next cx came and I pushed his head out. I glanced down just to see his head out and had the urge to push again and whoosh...out came his body! I was elated...and he was so big, 9lbs! He didn't breathe right away and was later transferred to the hospital for Group B infection. He's still in the NICU but is doing very well. He nurses great.

I had no tears at all but the next day I could barely walk after popping my pubic bone getting out of bed that day. I went to see the chiro and found my pubic bone partially separated. It was very painful.....I sat in a wheelchair for the next two days and then I walked backwards...which helped a lot. The same day I saw the chiro was the same day a fever had set in. I had an infection of the uterine lining. Imagine what it might have been?? Group B Strep. So I'm also on a regimen of antibiotics.

We hope to go home as early as Monday but I'm going to see if we can get transferred to a hospital closer to home. I hope so because I miss my other two girls a lot.

This birth was everything I'd ever hope for it to be...I wouldn't change a thing...well, maybe the van ride. Next time, no van ride during transition...LOL!

Photo: Leo
#9 of 10 Old 09-06-2007, 07:58 AM

Wow!! Congratulations mama! He is a beautiful baby.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#10 of 10 Old 09-09-2007, 11:50 AM

Congrats Momma! You and Leo have been added to the welcome thread. Rest well.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page