Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   August 2007 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/387-august-2007/)
-   -   First "real" period since having the baby... (http://www.mothering.com/forum/387-august-2007/769498-first-real-period-since-having-baby.html)

mommysusie 10-14-2007 09:32 AM

I stopped bleeding about 3 weeks PP, now I am 9 weeks PP and started bleeding the other morning after we had sex the night before. It is my first time bleeding in 6 weeks. Normally, since I have 21 day cycles, that is a long time for me to go without bleeding.
My question is that is it ok that I am bleeding really heavy? It isn't extremely, like just giving birth bleeding, but more like I stand up and feel myself bleed kinda bleeding. I can go through a pad in a couple of hours. The only thing that really worries me is that I started bleeding the morning after we had sex.
Can anyone give me some insight or advice on this? Maybe this is completely normal, but I just need to ease my mind.

quetinha 10-14-2007 10:12 AM

I thought for sure AF was back last week and it was accompanied by alot of cramps - but I only bled for one day. This was also the mornig after having sex. I'm not sure if it's AF since it was only 1 day. So I have to insight and I don't if it's normal either...

zofranland 10-14-2007 01:05 PM

it is completely normal for you first period to be really heavy and not at a normal time. it also depends if you are still BF'ing. i am having mine right now and it is a bad one. YUCK!

Momsteader 10-14-2007 06:38 PM

Last pregnancy I got my first pp af at 9 weeks....I'm there now...and waiting for it! I really WANT mine as we want to start to TTC sooon!

As far as your first period being heavy, it is very common! Was this the first time pp you'd had sex? But you haven't had any spotting or bleeding since your flow stopped 3 weeks out? I'd say you're probably okay and would think that the having sex and af showing up is just a coincidence.

QueenOfThePride 10-19-2007 10:37 AM

I'm not sure if I had my 1st PP AF yet. Lochia stopped at 5 weeks, then about 6.5 weeks I had extremely light pink spotting for 9 days. I'm still exlusively BFing and haven't had sex yet. Maybe my body was trying to start cycling again, but the hormones from breastfeeding suppressed it?

4daughters 10-22-2007 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfThePride View Post
I'm not sure if I had my 1st PP AF yet. Lochia stopped at 5 weeks, then about 6.5 weeks I had extremely light pink spotting for 9 days. I'm still exlusively BFing and haven't had sex yet. Maybe my body was trying to start cycling again, but the hormones from breastfeeding suppressed it?
Ditto, same happened to me. But I spotted for 4 days then 2weeks later had cramps and woke up and got AF again. I think my body is trying to regulate although I am strictly BFing.