Does your child pet sit? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-30-2009, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
If so, how much do they charge? I don't want to shortchange the neighbor kids when we ask them to pet sit while we go to the beach for a long weekend. We might also get a grown-up friend to stop by a couple of times a day, but the neighbor kid (not sure which one yet) would be asked to stop by a couple of times a day and feed and water our two dogs and let them out in the backyard. I want to pay a fair rate, but not sure what to offer. No poop scooping or walking necessary.

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#2 of 6 Old 07-31-2009, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If it's just the weekend and all they have to do is go over a few times I think $25-$30 is fair.

The sea monkey has my money.

#3 of 6 Old 07-31-2009, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

thanks. that sounds about right to me.

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

#4 of 6 Old 08-01-2009, 02:33 PM

My daughter usually gets $25-30/day when she does this for the neighbors' (one dog). She goes over first thing in the am, lets the dog out, feeds/waters her. Then she stops by at least twice during the day to let her out for a run around and playtime. Feeds/waters around 6pm, then a last time out ~10pm. The day the neighbors are to come home, she gives the floors a quick sweep & mop, vacuums the carpet and wipes down the counter. She also makes sure there's fresh milk, juice and bread in the fridge.

Two dogs... I think a bit extra would be in order.

ETA - she also wouldn't dream of not picking up after the dog.
#5 of 6 Old 08-01-2009, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

mtiger, sounds like your dd does a most excellent job!

Our backyard is wooded and covered in english ivy so you can't find the poop to pick it up. It's not visible!

#6 of 6 Old 08-02-2009, 09:47 AM

Yeah, she does do an excellent job. Mostly because she feels sorry for the dog - the neighbors have a 4yo S/N child, a 1 1/2yo, and a disabled grandma, so the pooch gets the short end of the stick. So Cat tries to give her as much attention as possible when she cares for her. She's been known to stay overnight so the dog doesn't have to be crated.

I understand about the ivy - that's convenient! I should look into that as scooping poop for three dogs gets old! LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page