16 year old caught smoking pot by the cops... - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 96 Old 11-17-2009, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As a mom of 2 teenage boys; 15 & 17 and an 11yo daughter, we have had plenty of discussion about the use and misuse of using drugs and alcohol. Both my boys have tried pot and really liked it. Especially my 15yo, to the point that he was called out as a burn out, ostracized by his friends and spent the summer alone, all by his own doing. It was heartbreaking to watch. He has been grounded, cut off from the computer, cell phone, forget giving him money and none of it really made a difference to him until he came to the decision to not smoke pot. Lots of tears ( mine and his) and today we are in a good place. Hopefully he can stay strong enough to keep on saying no. Rather than call these kids out as bad, maybe we, as parents need to stop and think about the words we are putting out and how they not only will affect the child using the drugs but thier families as well.
#92 of 96 Old 01-25-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
You can dislike it all you want. But please don't use discredited theories to justify it. There are decent enough ligitimate reasons to not approve of pot that you don't really need to tout the "reefer madness" bull.

I get fed up with all of that.

Mama to my tribe
#93 of 96 Old 02-01-2010, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deny_zoo29 View Post
I have to mostly agree here! Why is pot NOT a big deal?! Whether or not you personally feel it is right or not, it is ILLEGAL in the U.S.! So your child should not be allowed to do it! Period.
If your teen broke some other law would you be just as lenient?
Thanks for your post!
#94 of 96 Old 02-01-2010, 10:54 PM

I'd feel the same way as if my kid were caught drinking by the cops, since imo, it is very comparable. I would not be happy, and I would definitely putting some restrictions on my child. Like my parents told me- wait til your brain is finished growing before you start killing your braincells.
#95 of 96 Old 02-07-2010, 08:52 PM
lab

I would largely do what Dar said too.

I would have a hard time trusting her. And I would probably follow up on a lot of her activities for a while. She would need to make sure she was where she said she was.

I would make sure she knew I didn't trust her. Not sure about this kid, but my kids would be very upset that I would not be able to trust them.

Yeah - I would be checking up and checking out the friends....

Trying to do the right thing with three kids and a hubby. 
ds20, dd18, ds17
#96 of 96 Old 02-10-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xy View Post
There is a law in Wyoming that prohibits one from photographing a rabbit from January-April. Still on the books, from what I understand.
OMG...
Really???

OOPS!!!
There are tons here and photography is one of my hobbies what the heck are they expecting??? LOL!!!

Going back to the topic, I wouldn't make a fuss if Addie decides she wants to smoke pot I wouldn't give it a fuss. I rather have her smoke pot than doing cocaine on weekends or drinking alcohol (which is worse than mj).
Now why isn't alcohol illegal if its worse??

Yes at 16 is young to start smoking mj, but I rather have my very rebel teenager smoking mj than drinking alcohol and getting wasted.
Call me a bad parent whatever.

Leo(5), Cata(4), Tiago(1/9/09), stepmama to Addie(14) wife to Alec

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page