Gift for 12-year-old girl? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-28-2009, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
A niece is turning 12 in January and I need a gift. The only thing I know she likes is the wii, but I don't know what games she has, and I don't want to get her a gift card. Any ideas? What do your 12-year-olds like?
#2 of 7 Old 12-28-2009, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd turned 12 in October, and loves bath salts, soaps, lotions, etc. She also loves the pajamas that my sister got her for her birthday.
#3 of 7 Old 12-28-2009, 11:13 PM

Does she have pierced ears? A blank book is often fun, a flashlight (super popular around our house), any craft kits for older kids (pretty bracelet/hemp necklace). DD is going to be 16 in January!!
#4 of 7 Old 12-28-2009, 11:22 PM

Santa brought this book: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Its...RI=klutz+books for DSD 12 for Christmas and it has not been put down for more than five minutes since Christmas day. She quizzed herself, her sister, me, her dad, her older brother and she started on her younger brother today. It was a huge hit! Also any of the Coke vs. Pepsi books are a hit with my girls right now.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#5 of 7 Old 12-28-2009, 11:46 PM

I've been know to do "cold hard cash" in the past.

Freeze pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, toonies, loonies in a big chunk of ice.

The kids love it.

DVD's are also popular around my house.
#6 of 7 Old 01-01-2010, 04:32 PM

coke or pepsi books
wreck this journal book
twilight stuff
jewelry
clothes

I've been giving a cool ploymer clay kit that the girls all love. it comes with a great book full of ideas on different things to do with the clay. they still love crafty stuff.
#7 of 7 Old 01-01-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Santa brought this book: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Its...RI=klutz+books for DSD 12 for Christmas and it has not been put down for more than five minutes since Christmas day. She quizzed herself, her sister, me, her dad, her older brother and she started on her younger brother today. It was a huge hit! Also any of the Coke vs. Pepsi books are a hit with my girls right now.
I think DD has given that (the Klutz) book to two friends this year for birthdays (she is in 6th grade so most of the kids are turning 12).

Just the other day I picked up "Chocolate or Vanilla" and "Sweet or Spicy" which are very like Coke or Pepsi (which DD also wants). DD also wants the 2nd Klutz "Encyclopedia of Immaturity" and she asked for knitting stuff for her birthday (the girls in her class seem to do a lot of finger knitting and she is moving on).

When DD was getting her hair cut yesterday I saw these bracelets I thought she would really like:

http://www.shainsware.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page