Birthday party ideas for 12 year old - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-21-2010, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd will be 12 next month and she wants a Twilight party.I have the twilight plates and napkins,and some stickers.What else could I do for favors?I'm going to check Borders as last time I was there all the Twilight stuff was 75% off.The cheaper the better as I'm not paying,my parents are.Anyone have any ideas about what to do at the party?Should I just let them run around and maybe listen to the Twilight soundtracks?We have the big stand ups of Bella and Edward so I was thinking of using those for photos of the kids.She wants a pinata but I'm not sure where to find one that goes with the theme.Any ideas whould be great,thanks!!

Student mama to one awesome,talented and unique dd,15 and one amazing, sweet and strong ds,12(born with heart defect Tetralogy of Fallot,also on the autism spectrum),9 cats,and 2 gerbils.
#2 of 9 Old 05-21-2010, 11:24 PM

Honestly, by twelve, I went to birthday parties to hang out with friends, not for the favors. Unless she really really really wants favors, I'd say don't do em.

How about watching the movie, running around and playing or whatever, listening to the music for sure, and maybe a pinata? this one was brillant, though you might not be up for making it. This place sells twilight pinatas

Caroline, partner to J, post partum doula, kitchen manager, aspiring midwife, soon to be nursing student, mama to my furbaby, someday a mama to not so furry munchkins, G-d willing
#3 of 9 Old 05-21-2010, 11:52 PM

My dd turn 12 in March. The party consisted of a lot of giggling, Guitar Hero, computer games.

Her friends party consisted of dance dance revolution and Guitar Hero.

We moms were not really wanted.
#4 of 9 Old 05-24-2010, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the ideas.She really wants favors so we're going to do those.I found pins which are cool,and little bat rings(I figured they kind of went with the vampire theme ).I think I'll order the pinata from that link,they are really cool.I've decided to do a few games(water balloon toss if it's nice enough),maybe one of our twilight games.I'll have the soundtrack playing in the backround.It should be fun.There will be kids of all ages there,a 5 yo,2 8yos,a 13 yo,and some 11-12 yos.If it's raining out we have the Twilight Scene It for Wii so we can do that or play other Wii games.

Student mama to one awesome,talented and unique dd,15 and one amazing, sweet and strong ds,12(born with heart defect Tetralogy of Fallot,also on the autism spectrum),9 cats,and 2 gerbils.
#5 of 9 Old 06-17-2010, 06:40 PM

We made cupcakes in dark chocolate and wrote "Bite Me" in red on all of them. Not a party "favor" but they were very appreciated. If you get on the Zazzle website, there are a lot of twilight-themed buttons and magnets designed by customers. If you type in vampire or other related searches lots will come up. Quality varies but some are very cute and clever if you're willing to scan through the offerings. We have bought some of these when we did book releases and they were popular.http://www.zazzle.com/vampire+buttons

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#6 of 9 Old 06-17-2010, 06:49 PM

Hmm, I wonder if you could find fake vampire teeth anywhere this time of year....

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#7 of 9 Old 06-17-2010, 09:03 PM

ya i was thinking vampire teeth which u could order online..maybe some buttons or something i know that hottipic has a bunch of stuff on sale here from $2 bucks an up

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#8 of 9 Old 06-18-2010, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
That"s got to be the easiest pinata to make - just a big white round one to represent the moon!
#9 of 9 Old 06-18-2010, 03:17 PM

My dd turned 12 and had a sleepover. I bought cheap plastic cups and paint pens and all the kids made "party cups" (they used these cups the entire time.) I also found some little wood picture frames that came with color pens at Michaels crafts store. They were $1 each. I bought each girl two. I got a fruit tray from Whole Foods (cause that is what they wanted.) Dh took pics of all the girls together, with dd, etc and printed them out. For 3 hours they sat around with a movie on, painted their cups and frames, ate, talked and had a ball! It was the most stress free party in years.
Oh and someone brought the game "Twilight, Scene it" and they played that for a while.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page