A Good Day - Mothering Forums
Preteens and Teens > A Good Day
koby58's Avatar koby58 11:27 AM 06-15-2010
Didn't have a good day yesterday. DD2 was out all day first at band camp, then home (I was at work) and then play practice. She came home when I was getting in bed and asked my about my day and I told her - it was shitty.

Woke up this morning to find post-it notes around the house in places I always go (my car, my lunch, my water bottle, etc.) Saying things like 'I love you mom!' and 'I hope you have a better day!' DH and DD1 had no idea - she had out-waited them both before going around and doing it.

Has your teen done anything recently that made your day?

Oriole's Avatar Oriole 06:47 PM 06-15-2010
DSD takes my car to go to work. I never ask her to put gas in it, but once in a while, I get into my car in the morning, and I see that she filled up the tank. Always melts my heart.
karne's Avatar karne 10:37 PM 06-15-2010
That is really lovely.
Profmom's Avatar Profmom 10:04 AM 06-23-2010
Ok, so I rarely post things here, but that one really brought tears to my eyes. How totally sweet.
LavenderMae's Avatar LavenderMae 11:57 AM 06-23-2010
My teen does stuff everyday that makes me smile. She'll cook lunch, take her brothers for a walk, do the dishes...... I love when she just has to tell me something she read or saw, I'm the first one she thinks to share with.

I love this thread.
Up