Mothering Forum banner

Any teen Parents?

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  damongeau 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if there are any teen parents out there like me or if u had your child at a young age...

#6 ·
I was DEFINITELY not a teen parent. I was 36 with my first. But my niece got pregnant at 16 and is now on her second at the age of 19.

I found a cool site called GirlMom.com. She never visited the site, because she moved away to another city and now doesn't have a computer or a car and stays home all day with her two babies.

But ya'll might like it.

EDITED TO ADD: And she is a VERY GOOD mommy!

#13 ·
Had my first at 17, second at 18. That was the hardest thing I ever did. I think I was on auto pilot.

I like being older now. I have the background of having survived the early years already and the example that teething, night waking and toddler tantrums are nothing like a teen melt down, LOL. I think it has helped me be a better parent this go round. I am more intense about things that matter to me (I will know where my kids are at all times and who they are with) but very relaxed on otehr things that their friend's parents freak about.

#14 ·
I had my daughter almost 12 years ago when i had just turned 17.. no regrets at all! It was very challenging but helped guide me to becoming a better person. It made me see alot of value in my life to be responsible for caring for my daughter and it made me work really hard. I was able to stay home with her for the first two years, then worked from home and evenings untill school started for her. I carried here everywhere and I never had her babysat untill she at least a year. I breastfed her for 3 and half years, she never had a bottle ever! I was so lucky that when i lived in a home for pregnant teens some wise woman left behind all the back issues of compleat mother so I had a wealth of information and advocacy!
T

#16 ·
I'll be 21 when my first baby is born (sometime in late June- her due date is a week after my birthday!) and DF turned 19 last month! My mom was 17 when she had her first (me), my Matron of Honor (whenever we actually get the wedding going again lol) is 20 with a 2 year old and my other friend is 18 and expecting her first!

I'm realy happy to become a mom at a young age, I grew up with my great aunt and uncle, and as much as they loved me and I loved them sometimes it was a real drag growing up with senior citizens lol. I'll be able to get out there and play with my kids

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.