Why nobody answer my question? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-11-2010, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I post a question in the morning and I never got any question, do I have to do something to allow answers? I see people looking at it but not answers

SAHM, married to my geeky husband and mom of 12 year old girl and 2year old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2010, 12:30 AM

DDCC to say that sometimes I don't know how to respond to a post. I will read anything that catches my eye, and I try to leave insight, empathy or questions behind, but sometimes the topic discussed is so far away from anything I am capable of relating to that I have to leave. So, maybe people read your earlier post, but did not know how to respond.

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Sometimes people read things, think about them, and post an answer later.

Some times they just don't have a clue and wait to see what others say.

I haven't a clue how to get kids to do chores without being reminded. No idea at all!

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Old 08-11-2010, 02:41 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for reply, I'm still trying to figure it out the dynamic of this website and I thought I may have forgot to do/add something.
I think this post was like:
"Humm, is this thing on?"

Old 08-11-2010, 11:53 AM

The same thing has happened to me several times. I've posted and seen that the post got many views, but no responses and wondered what was going on! I wonder if I asked a silly question or what? Then I have to remind myself that plenty of times I've read posts and not answered them. Sometimes it is because I feel I have nothing useful to answer, other times it like wow, “where should I began...” Often I have to think about the reply first but as I am busy, I never get around to it.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:43 PM

YoviC, I read your post but didn't respond because I don't have any experience with teenagers. I hope someone has some suggestions for you. Teenagers are really difficult--at nearly 30 I am still apologizing to my mother for the heartache I put her through.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalilah View Post
The same thing has happened to me several times. I've posted and seen that the post got many views, but no responses and wondered what was going on! I wonder if I asked a silly question or what? Then I have to remind myself that plenty of times I've read posts and not answered them. Sometimes it is because I feel I have nothing useful to answer, other times it like wow, “where should I began...” Often I have to think about the reply first but as I am busy, I never get around to it.
I tried several times to post about teens and chores but each time the post became a novel and I gave up. Other times, a thread title catches my eye and I read it without responding. I don't always have an answer or many other posters have already posted what I would have so I decide not to post. And then there are those times when what I want to post isn't all that kind so I don't.

Chris--extended breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing, co-sleeping, APing, CLW, homeschooling before any of this was a trend mom to Joy (1/78), Erica (8/80), Angela (9/84), Dylan (2/98)
Old 08-13-2010, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewchris2642 View Post
And then there are those times when what I want to post isn't all that kind so I don't.
Yes, my momy teach me that
But sometimes I forget or is too difficult
The reason why I wask this is because that was my first post and I could see many people see it but nobody answer it, I was wonder if it was something I said or I miss to do something to allow answers.
Right after I post this question I start getting answers and I felt like and idiot for posting this question, I guess patience is not one of my strong points

Old 08-14-2010, 02:59 AM

Oh, feeling like an idiot is a normal part of getting used to a new site. :

I found it very confusing that the teen forum moves so much slower than the rest of the site. Chores were a huge issue for me too and I still feel that i sent my kids off into the world with inadequate skills, that my house was frighteningly messy when little ds was born, and that they had unrealistic expectations about what i was capable of doing in the way of housework while I was working outside the home (as a housekeeper, incidentally) with my infant along in the sling.

Whatever I didn't teach them, their roommates did. They survived. I handle things VERY differently with little ds.

Teenagers are very difficult and their problems bring up a lot of issues in parents that make our differences in priorities and values more apparent to each other. I have gotten replies to my own posts that were less than kind and advice that was unrealistic to my life situation and probably dished out plenty of the same to others when a hug smiley and an "I'm so sorry you're going through this" might have been more helpful.

Anyway, here.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Don't forget about time zones. What I have to keep in mind is that I'm 3 hours behind the rest of the US, some 8 hours (I think) behind Europe, it's the next day (or yesterday?) in Asia. I read the board in the mornings (7 am PST) and late at night (11 pm PST) so I read both your threads hours after you posted them. One of them the next day.

Chris--extended breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing, co-sleeping, APing, CLW, homeschooling before any of this was a trend mom to Joy (1/78), Erica (8/80), Angela (9/84), Dylan (2/98)
Old 08-15-2010, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
MDC is definitely more active with the "baby and toddler' threads than the teen threads. I only check this forum once or twice a week these days (I used to be on here daily.)

Sometimes it just takes a few hours, or even a few days, before you get any well thought out answers.

I've had times when I'd post a question, then get tons of responses that weren't real responses (such as asking a health-related question and getting "feel better soon" responses without having my questions actually answered) and that can be just as frustrating!

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 08-18-2010, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post
Oh, feeling like an idiot is a normal part of getting used to a new site. :

I found it very confusing that the teen forum moves so much slower than the rest of the site. Chores were a huge issue for me too and I still feel that i sent my kids off into the world with inadequate skills, that my house was frighteningly messy when little ds was born, and that they had unrealistic expectations about what i was capable of doing in the way of housework while I was working outside the home (as a housekeeper, incidentally) with my infant along in the sling.

Whatever I didn't teach them, their roommates did. They survived. I handle things VERY differently with little ds.

Teenagers are very difficult and their problems bring up a lot of issues in parents that make our differences in priorities and values more apparent to each other. I have gotten replies to my own posts that were less than kind and advice that was unrealistic to my life situation and probably dished out plenty of the same to others when a hug smiley and an "I'm so sorry you're going through this" might have been more helpful.

Anyway, here.
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind - and now I hope I'll have some input for the original thread as I do have a teenager and a preteen.

Andreateapot2.GIF read.gif homebirth.jpg winner.jpg hang.gif, wife to K coolshine.gif, mother to loveeyes.gif photosmile2.gif reading.gif blahblah.gif

Old 08-18-2010, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmomof4 View Post
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind - and now I hope I'll have some input for the original thread as I do have a teenager and a preteen.
I am sorry this question keep pop in here, soon after that I got many answers to my question but I don't know how to delete this one

User Tag List