Shaving Suggestions for an 11 year old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-11-2010, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I discovered through a VERY hairy razor, that my 11 year old dd is experimenting with shaving her legs. I am in full support; however, I'd rather her not use my razors and crud them up! Plus, I would like for her to use a razor that is less likely to slice her legs up-I used to nick myself all the time as a teen.

Any suggestions on a brand of a good razor that is easy for a preteen to use, maybe with disposable heads to reduce waste? Also, a good shaving gel that is gentle on her sensitive skin.

Thanks!
#2 of 5 Old 08-11-2010, 03:00 PM

What about an electric razor? That way she won't cut herself, and you won't have to keep buying new ones.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#3 of 5 Old 08-11-2010, 05:56 PM

I got my dd good ol' Lady Bic. Her hair is not that thick & a razor can last a very long time for her. She uses my gilette shaving gel & way more than she needs.lol

She does cut herself now & then, IMO it's part of the learning curve of shaving. She just went to camp & I shaved her legs for her so we'd get it all. The last time she shaved she decided she only wanted to shave the front.lol I was surprised I didn't cut her, her legs are so tiny in comparison to mine.
#4 of 5 Old 08-11-2010, 09:41 PM

the venus razors are nice especially the ones with the big heads less likely to cut yourself... i never cut myself as a teen so maybe she wont either

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#5 of 5 Old 08-11-2010, 09:47 PM

I think most razors with three or four blades are good. A coworker swears by using mens razors since they are made to contour to the face, which is more complicated than a woman's legs. Nics happen when you are starting out. Practice, practice, practice.

I like woman's quantro razor.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page