Tweens and face washing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2011, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have four boys, two of which are 11 and 12.  I have successfully gotten them into the habit of frequent hand washing, brushing their teeth in the AM and PM, and daily showering.  (Yay me!) 

One issue I am curious about is face washing.  I know that at some point, acne is probably going to occur and I would like them to already be in a face washing routine.  At this point, they have never washed their faces with anything other than plain water and all is well. 

Do your tweens wash their faces?  AM or PM or both?  Do they use a cleanser?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)

It really can wait until it is necessary because they will be soooo much more motivated! Rather than turning it into something that mommy is teaching them, give them the information and tools, and they really will catch on. Learning to do things for one's self is part of growing up.

One of my DDs has some sn and grooming can be an issue, so we kept it really simple my buying pre-moisened towletts, which make it really simple. DD has tried a few different brands, and is currently like the Biore (sp?). I know that it's a bit of an environmental no-no, but it's doable. It's simple for her. She uses one of those at bedtimes, and in the morning washes her face while she's in the shower.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

User Tag List