My 6 Year Old Daughter's Left Nipple Keeps going Sore, Red and Swollen - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-27-2011, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi

I am new to this community but was really hoping somebody could help. My 6 Year old Daughter 7 In April keeps complaining that her Left Nipple really hurst and stings. When looking i have noticed it is really sore and swollen. I am really worried. I have read that it may be due to Breast Buds but this is always mentioning to children age 8-9 not 6. Surely my daughter cant be forming breasts at 6. I was 16 when i grow breasts so i find this madness.

If somebody could help me i would be every so grateful!.

#2 of 4 Old 01-27-2011, 06:10 PM

Could location be a coincidence and it is another issue? Clogged pore, ingrown hair, something like that? I would take her to the dr.

#3 of 4 Old 01-28-2011, 03:44 AM - Thread Starter

No nothing like that. We are at the doctors today so hopefully get a answer.

#4 of 4 Old 01-28-2011, 05:59 AM

My doctor told us it was normal breast tissue enlarged by horomones. Nothing to worry about and it could resolve itself or continue to be swollen up through puberty. I had a baby girl with this and it was caused by my horomones and it resolved itself and now I have an 8 year old with this and it is her horomones! So just the start (not necessarily full on puberty but getting horomones) and totally normal.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page