acne help--teen boy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-11-2011, 03:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi- My 15 yo DS has recently developed acne. Any practical suggestions about effective products for a teen BOY? I read through other threads on this, but suggested regimes seemed too involved for most guys to stick with. Unfortunately for him, both his dad and I dealt with acne....genetics are not on his side for this one! Thanks~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-11-2011, 06:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I just got these for my 12 year old, because he won't do the whole regimen either and his face was starting to break out.

http://www.yestocarrots.com/product/deep-cleansing-facial-pads?product_id=2331028
He uses them morning and night.

#3 of 4 Old 04-20-2011, 09:16 PM

Honestly, my son, 13, has no problem using the regular face washes and creams that many girls use, but its for both sexes.  He uses the clean and clear oil free face wash now alone, but he used to use all the kit before, he still does whenever he gets breakouts.  It really works for him.

#4 of 4 Old 04-22-2011, 06:53 AM

DS1 is 15 and uses generic Clearasil cream and Oxypads.  Do they work?  Heck, I don't know.  He is pretty good about using them routinely, but I honestly don't know what his skin would look like if he didn't use them.  Our ped told us to have him wash his face with a bit of shampoo because it cuts oil so well.  But my son thought that was dumb advice.  He used to get mad at me for buying generics until I had him compare ingredients and he realized the $5 difference was just paying for a brand name.  The skin thing is hard for the child and the parent both, I think.  Good luck!

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page