Do you guys know of any AP blogs about tweens and teens? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-28-2011, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have found many wonderful AP blogs about parenting babies and toddlers but I can't find any about tweens and teenagers.  If you guys have found any, of if you have one of your own that I dont know about please give me the link...thanks!

#2 of 5 Old 04-30-2011, 12:30 PM

My kids aren't quite there yet, but I'd love some, too. I think what happens is that, as kids get older, parents feel more uncomfortable about blogging about them without their explicit permission. I can think of two bloggers/authors off the top of my head (soulemama and Anne Lamott) who have mentioned this.

-e

Momma to 8 y.o. DS and 5 y.o. DD. Married to a Maker!

#3 of 5 Old 05-02-2011, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, that makes sense.  I loev Anne Lamott and her book Operating Instructions!

#4 of 5 Old 05-05-2011, 01:49 AM

As the mother of 3 teens I have to say its more to do with the embarrassment of what the teens can make of your beliefs that stops most people!   My kids know they feature in my blog, but I try to do it with a sense of humour and it is more about me and my coping or not coping rather than them.  I think my blog is in my profile - I'm new here so not sure if its ok to put the link in a post. Aliblogging.jpg

#5 of 5 Old 05-05-2011, 05:22 AM

I think part of the equation is that adolescence is largely about giving kids a safe space to define themselves and try out their wings.  We are hopefully reaping the rewards of attachment at this point, but I don't know what parenting "practices" would be considered "attachment" in these years.  The bloggers who are/were AP are probably not using that word so predominantly making them harder to identify.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page