Lol, of course we do but this was a vent post to blow off steam not a brag thread. Posting to someone having issues that your child is wonderful is just annoying lol. Yes, My DD 14 is a great kid. She's high achieving. Very responsible and dedicated to her school work as well as her part-time job. She has a long list of parents begging to hire her as a babysitter. She's talented but humble. She's welcoming and has a talent for putting others at ease. She's great with her brother 95 percent of the time. She's clever and witty and easy to laughter. She gives her whole heart to her friends. Everything she does outside the house gets 100 percent. I hear nothing but how wonderful she is from teachers, staff, other parents.
She just wasn't much fun for me between the ages of 13.5 and 14.25. All kids go through their crap whether it's at 12 or doesn't happen until they leave for college. Never met a sole that didn't. It hurts like a bugger when you go through it but you console yourself with those that have been there. You hug your own mother tighter as she laughs at how YOU were the same way. You just bundle up and wait out the storm.
Married mom, DD 18, DS 15, and a Valentine's surprise on the way!
My kids are not as bad as either my DH or I were as teens. DH and I were both complete hellions, and we are very grateful for recessive genes.
but everything has pros and cons
Lol, My girls are amazing, really. They have these moments, however that simply leave me like this:
They are quite creative, very funny and so unique. It is just this age that keeps me on my toes.
Dd (11) is moody right now. That means that she is ecstatically happy alternating with everything being the worst. Everything right now just has exclamation points.
It is an exciting and trying time period for all of us.
She is almost as tall as me but is still a kid.
Kim ~mom to one awesome dd (12)
Hugs mama! I agree it isn't just girls. My 12 year old DS drives me insane more days then not. I swear if the sky was blue and I said wow look at the blue sky he would say its not blue. Every little thing I say he argues with. He will still be my mama's boy from time to time, but mostly he is full of attitude. I to am hoping it is a phase that ends real quick!
OK, as hard as it can be, there are times when I see a shimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Yesterday, I took ds1 out for a decaf coffee so we would just have some mom/son time. We actually had a really nice talk about how he didn't make the soccer team. He said, "I was disappointed when I saw the list, but then I thought, 'I'm going to Disney World in a few days! I've got my viola to play after school. I've got my mom to take me out to coffee! How many kids have that?! And I felt better'." I had to turn my head really quickly so he wouldn't see that I got teary eyed.
Of course, as soon as we got home, he started complain that I asked him to empty the dishwasher, but there was a good 20 minutes there where he was a really nice person to be around!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I think I would prefer it if my almost 12yo dd were always difficult. But she is really sweet when I am spending money doing special for/with her. A meal/treat out, or shopping for things she wants/needs always makes her pleasant, but it actually makes me feel worse because I feel I am buying pleasant behavior.
I discovered this pre-teen/early teen behavior many years ago; it is why I no longer teach middle school. There is a special gift awaiting those teachers. I am back with my high school kids and love it.
My kids are (girl)11 (this Sunday), (girl)13, and (boy)15. 90% of the time, they are wonderful to be with. We talk, do things, dance around, and have a great time together. Then there is the other 10%. Sigh. Two girls with mood swings is more than I can bear after a day of dealing with teenagers, LOL. But I also find that the 10% is usually caused by something else. I also know that it is natural to an extent. They have to break away from us, find their own way, etc.I remember those days well.
Oh good, at least I'm not alone... DD is only *starting* this journey, I'm not sure if I can make it another two years. This, however, is a daily thing around here. I'm waiting for her to move on to the 'washing hair constantly' phase, because adolescence causes grease. ICK!
I popped my head in to give her a towel. She was depressed and sullen and says 'I dont know why you love me'. I said 'I just do', then I ask her if she washed her hair, to which she replied 'Yeah'. She gets out, I go to blow dry her hair and it doesnt smell like shampoo at all! I ask 'Did you wash your hair?', her reply was 'I forgot'.