n/m - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-17-2011, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Well, nevermind.  Thanks for all the views and the absolute lack of even a single word.

So much fun on Mothering these days.

Bookworm Mama to 6 wonderkids and stepmama to one more: 22, 21, 18, 13, 10, 8 and our Z born April 2013. . Partner to my       
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2011, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

spruce, I didn't notice your post or I would have responded.  Maybe it got way down on the list.  I've worked with pregnant teens and lots of them (especially the 18 and 19 year olds) did just fine and were able to accomplish their other goals as long as they accepted from support from family and took some prenatal, talked to their doctors or the public health nurse, etc.  I'm so sorry that you had so many views and no help (I've never seen the original).  Feel free to post more or PM me if you're not all fed up.

Busy keeping up with three children and an awful lot of chickens!

Old 09-18-2011, 09:32 PM

I didn't see the original either so I am not sure what you are looking for, but I wanted to post real quick. I had my first at 18 and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. DH and I have 5 now, I have a masters degree, we own a beautiful home, and are overall very happy. 18 is young, but it doesn't have to be a bad thing, or the end of her life. For me, it was the beginning!

Old 09-18-2011, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I think this got bumped down pretty quickly. I didn't see it either. That said, I don't know what the origional post said and I don't have any personal experience. My parents were 16/17 when I was born but they are a rarity. They got a lot of familial support the first couple years, finished high school, worked their way through college. They're still together 40 years later.

I was surprised at 24. It was scary but not really the same I suspect. DH and I were already engaged and planning a wedding. It's been 15 years and while it was tough being unprepared and I wouldn't reccomend it, I also don't regret it at all.

Married mom of two, DD 17 and DS 13.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

There is a pretty good book called You Look Too Young to Be a Mom.  It's a collection of personal stories by young moms.  There are even a couple good bf stories.  Your DD might like to read it.  Does she want to have the baby or is she leaning towards an abortion?

Old 09-19-2011, 06:47 PM

OP, you may want to consider re-posting/editing so folks can listen and respond.  There's definitely not as much traffic on the Pre-Teens/Teens forum as some others, perhaps because parents of teens are busy dunking our heads in the toilet out of frustration...but once the water's dried out, we can listen!

Hope you are okay with whatever situation brought you to post in the first case, regardless.

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

User Tag List