When is his body going to catch up with his feet?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-22-2011, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I had to take ds out to buy him a pair of dress shoes today (I don't normally buy him dress shoes because he wears them so rarely, but we're going to his grandmother's funeral next week back in the Midwest, and dress standards are 'stricter' among dh's family and he must have them for that).

He's now wearing a MEN'S size NINE! He's 10. The child is only 10. He's 59" tall. He's grown less than an inch this year, but he's gone through 2 whole shoe sizes in a year. He's showing absolutely no other signs of puberty (this is the child who still has me wash his hair). But TWO shoe sizes with little gain in height.

Please tell me that his feet will stop growing eventually, and that he will have a height spurt to match. Right now I feel like I'm raising Bozo the Clown when he has those shoes on!

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 05:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Both my boys' feet grew a lot sooner than their bodies. My 15 yos haven't grown in 2 years but his body still is. 

Old 12-23-2011, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Both my kids jump in shoe sizes before a period of height growth. It can look sort of odd in the beginning when their feet are so big and they are still short. Within 2 years though, everything seems to match.

DD's last shoe change was at age 11. She jumped to a size 9 women's and was still well under 5' tall. Clown feet would be an appropriate description lol. However, at 14 and 5'7", they are in perfect proportion. I'm pretty sure her feet are done and she won't likely get more than an inch or two taller.

DS jumped two sizes this summer into a men's 7. He has been growing steadily since. He's a little over 5 feet tall now and I'm expecting more shoe and height growth for years to come.

I bet the feet will stagnate for a year or two while his body catches up.

P.S. Sorry for your loss and so close to the holidays :-( I hope the services bring peace.

Married mom of two, DD 17 and DS 13.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

that's how my boys grew/are growingthumb.gif   one ds is currently 12,about 5 '1"..and wears a mens size 10.5 or 11  dizzy.gif  older ds grew this way too...younger ds also grew an inch taller in the last month..... I call my younger guy 'buffalo foot'!ROTFLMAO.gif

Old 01-01-2012, 11:06 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Hummmm  and I thought my 11 yr old who wears a 5-6WIDE was bad... (or XW when I can find it).

My kiddo is probably about 5 ft tall.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

Old 01-03-2012, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Well, he's started eating a lot -- he had 3 servings at dinner tonight, so I think the growth spurt is right around the corner. Dang! That means I'm going to buy him all new pants. And lord only knows where I'm going to get sweats that fit his size 8-10 waist and soon to be size 14-16 legs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post

Hummmm  and I thought my 11 yr old who wears a 5-6WIDE was bad... (or XW when I can find it).

My kiddo is probably about 5 ft tall.

Well, ds' feet are not only size 9, but they're NARROW. Ever try to find a men's size 9 narrow in a shoe a kid will wear?

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)

Tags
Pre Teens
User Tag List