How much did your daughter grow after her period started? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 03-23-2014, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DD hasn't started hers yet. For me though, I was 5'5" at 12 when I started menstruating. At 13 I stopped growing, 5'5.5". But ten years later I grew another half inch during pregnancy, so now I'm 5'6". I always assumed that I stopped growing because I had started my period. My mother started hers two or three years later and is several inches taller than me. (I'm the shorty in my family)

Me treehugger.gif + DH reading.gif= DD faint.gif (1/2004) & DS babyf.gif (6/2013)
homeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#32 of 34 Old 03-25-2014, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i am 12 and 4 months ago i started my period.i am asian and im scared that if i dont grow anymore.im 5'3" and a little fat thats why im scared to dont grow anymore.im 128lbs :(

do u guys think that i can grow like a few inches?(that would be lovely if u guys share your experiences with me and tell me what to do and what to not,and tell me what u think)

#33 of 34 Old 03-25-2014, 07:45 PM

Location: In the middle of nowhere, at the centre of everything.
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

Shadi, statistically speaking you probably won't grow more than 1-2 inches. But 128 lbs is a healthy weight for someone who is 5'3". I'm less than an inch taller than you, just three pounds lighter and I run marathons. If I were you, I'd concentrate not on your weight or your height, but on your strength and your health. If you're not physically active every day, set that as a goal. If you don't feel like you're strong with lots of endurance, find a way to better condition your body. It doesn't have to be a team sport or anything competitive if you don't enjoy those things. My own teenage daughters have enjoyed a combination of running, mountain-biking, recreational gymnastics and yoga. The lifestyle habits you lay down over the next five years will set the tone for the rest of your life. If you make choices now to build yourself into someone who is strong and active, you will have a good chance of staying that way forever and not feeling like you need to "watch your weight" all the time.

Good luck!

Miranda

LTurtle likes this.

Mountain mama to three great kids and one great grown-up

#34 of 34 Old 03-25-2014, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)

Neither of my daughters are old enough yet, but I grew about another inch after my period started - however, I was 15 when it started, and was already 5'7".  So, the lateness, combined with the height I already had most likely meant that I didn't have much left to grow.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Tags
Teens

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page