6th grader being bullied, community came together to support him *Fixed link* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-09-2012, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 11 yr old has Aspergers. He is in public school and has done well except for the ONLY 3 weeks he spent at his last middle school. Because of bullying, I homeschooled him until we moved to a new home and new school. He was scared of being bullied again because he's "weird," so in support of him, the autism community came together and parents started sharing their own stories of being weird.

Even though this was written and compiled for a specific child on the autism spectrum, I felt compelled to share it with ALL PARENTS because ALL of our kids are at risk for bullying from somewhere.

This is what happened...

Weird is the New Normal 

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-10-2012, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

I'm having trouble linking it for some reason, so if the above does not work, try this: http://parentingwithaspergers.blogspot.com/2012/03/weird-is-new-normal.html

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#3 of 3 Old 03-11-2012, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Follow up: http://parentingwithaspergers.blogspot.com/2012/03/weird-is-new-normal-part-2.html

Tags
Pre Teens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page