Body Changes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-28-2012, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone,

I was wondering what advice people could give me on my body. I'm a teenager myself, and joined here because of my kitten being pregnant, and to gain some advice, and fell upon the teenager area to offer some advice from a teenager perspective. I am 163cm tall, and I have massive breasts. I also have a VERY irregular period. Last year alone I had 4 all together, it fell in the week before school started back. I have had it for about 3 years now, and still am not in any pattern. I also have iron issues, because my periods can be so far apart (school terms being 2.5 months apart and not having a period inbetween) I get heavy ones, and lose a lot of blood during then and my iron levels fall, and if I get a hot flush while my iron levels are low, I actually faint (ever since I had it first happen, I've watched myself by carefully from then on, but it still doesn't always stop it from happening). I've seen a doctor about it, and they said it was normal, and sent me on my way.

Another thing I though I might mention, I have hiccups. All the time. According to the many doctors I've seen, they are stress related, and started just after my parents told me they are getting a divorce and just before my car crash (I was driving a go cart, when my stepdad cut me off, and I flew into a wall and severely bruised my ribcage all around my bra line). Since then I have had hiccups daily, and that was 2 years ago. Sometimes it will be one hiccup a day, sometimes a short bout of hiccups. Often they will be quite ones that sound really cute, but occasionally they can get really loud, to the point where I sound like a dying chicken (and I'm not exaggerating). Any idea how to stop them?

KP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-31-2012, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hug2.gif 

I really have no idea on the hiccups problem but I do get them a lot myself.  

In regard to your periods and what I assume is your concern with your breast size, I am wondering a few things.  Do you have any family history of polycystic ovarian syndrome and/or have you discussed that as a possibility with your doctor?  While irregular periods in and of themselves are not uncommon in teens, yours seem to be more irregular than typical especially in a teen who has been menstruating for a while and the amount of bleeding you mention sounds a bit excessive.

I don't know if you have any of the other symptoms of PCOS, but you might want to take a look at this to see if it sounds like a possibility: http://kidshealth.org/teen/diseases_conditions/sexual_health/pcos.html

Your breast size may be related to a few things such as your family history (does your mother have large breasts, for instance), your weight, or how you are defining "massive."  Breast size varies a lot and yours may not be as big as you think they are. 

Tags
Teens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page