how tall will i be? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-27-2014, 04:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hey, im 15 years old. like a week ago I turned 15 and im already 5'7.3'' (171cm). I also literally just got my first period. not to get personal but I don't have big hips, I don't have a booty, and I don't have boobs, I just fit into A cups. im taller than my mum by a good inch, she is also size 7 shoes (average size for woman). I have just recently gone into size 8.5-9 shoeswhich is considered kinda big for girls. my father is pretty tall and he is somewhere between 6ft-6ft'1'' he also size 10.5-12 shoes. I really want to know how much taller I may become because im not big boned and have biggish feet and a lean body. would really appreciate your help in figuring out how tall I may become at full height. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2014, 05:24 AM

How tall were you at 2 years old? Old wives tale says that if you double a child's height at two years old, you will get roughly their adult.height.

Also, they are various free pediatric height calculators on the internet. You will have to know some measurements from.when you were younger, but you can enter them into the calculators, and they will give you an estimate.

I dont know how accurate either is.

Also, many women don't fill out their frames until they get older. I have a friend that was super tall and super skinny through high school, but in her mid twenties rounded out like everyone else. :-)
Old 04-27-2014, 07:36 AM

I also remember our ped telling me that double the size when they are two.  All 3 of my girls are short now but I do not remember how tall they were at 2.  And you will fill out more as you get older...and in my case I filled out a lot more than I had wanted to haha.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Typically, girls growth slows after the first period. On average, they can expect to grow maybe an inch or two the year after. Of course, genetics come into play. If your shoe size "just" went up without a height increase, you may have a spurt coming. There are girls like my nieces who grow until they were 18 though they were destined to be 6' tall (mom 5'10", dad 6'5".) Girls who start their periods very young can have more than a year's growth in them too.

Your shoe size is in the average range for women today. I would guess you don't have a massive spurt in your future but perhaps another inch or two. 

Here is a height predictor. It's imperfect as really, only time will tell but it is spot on with my full grown DD 17 and equivalent to what my DS 13's doctor estimated for him (and lining up with how he's been growing.) Just based on the stats you provided... it says 5'8"

http://www.theheightpredictor.com/

Married mom of two, DD 17 and DS 13.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:02 PM
AAK

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Another old wives tale is to average your parent's heights.  Then subtract 2 inches for a girl and add 2 for a boy.  Finally, you say plus/minus an inch.    

In your case, (mom around 5' 6" dad around 6'1") the average of which is 5' 9.5".  Subtract 2 inches and you get 5' 7.5".  So, the range would be 5' 6.5" - 5' 8.5" for girls (you).  

This worked out well in my family--my sisters and I were all within an inch of each other and all within the "range" from the equation.  However, I have also met many families in which this doesn't hold true at all :-)  However, most girls really don't grow much taller after their period.  I do think that their hips can take a few years to finish broadening out and your bust can still change size.  Mine went up another cup size after I started my period, but I grew only about an inch more.  

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 

Tags
Teens , Pre Teens
User Tag List