10yo dd playing Simon Says very inappropriately with 7yo dd. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Linda on the move

#1 of 3 Old 08-22-2014, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
10yo dd playing Simon Says very inappropriately with 7yo dd.

I found my daughters in the closet yesterday. Both had their pants off. The older one was playing Simon Says telling the younger one to touch herself. My 7yo told me everything. She was really upset. She said it made her feel very weird and scared. She said she did it because if she didn't her sister would be really mad at her. The older one didn't touch her or vice versa but when I found them they had only been in there for maybe 5 minutes. I haven't talked to my 10yo about it yet. Not sure how to approach it, I am confused and saddened by my older daughter's actions. She knew what she was doing was very wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
#2 of 3 Old 08-22-2014, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
It's quite possible she has been molested. I suggest talking to her by gently asking her questions about where she got the idea for it, if anyone has done similar things to her.

I would ask her very directly who else she plays with by talking her pants off.

I would also assure her that I completely and totally loved her.

I would also talk to your younger DD and ask if things like this have happened before, and if she says no, ask why she thought her sister would get mad. I would work with her on saying NO, even if it makes other people mad. Its really OK to make other people mad, its better than feeling icky.

I'm very sorry your family is going through this. If it does turn out that your older DD has been molested, there are agencies available in major cities that can help.
EnviroBecca and AAK like this.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#3 of 3 Old 08-25-2014, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
It's common for children who have been abused to act out their experiences with other children.... as a way to make sense of things, to cope. It could be curiosity on your 10-year-olds part which isn't abnormal but I think it's at least worth looking into the possibility that she experienced something uncomfortable herself. I do hope that's not the case.

Married mom of two, DD 17 and DS 13.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page