Mothering Forum banner

Not teens anymore!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  nd_deadhead 
#1 ·
My twin sons turn 20 on Friday. I guess I've aged out of this board.

A few days ago I asked one of the boys if he was excited about not being a teenager any more. He said "Noooo! I've been a teenager over half my life - at least the part I remember. It's what I'm used to!"

Transitioning from teen to adult is a gradual process, and it's hard to believe that my babies will be 20 years old!

#4 ·
Congratulations and commiserations. My eldest is about to become a teenager this November and it really doesn't feel that long ago that she was born! I'm having a little panic at the thought of being a mother to a teenager and I'm sure it's somewhat the same on the other end of the tunnel.

#5 ·
Oh, I'm not worried about them at all. They are our only children, and every age has been my favorite so far.

They are thoughtful, responsible young men, in their third year of college. They will call me just to chat; they have more or less learned to take care of themselves; they have never been embarrassed to hang out with Mom and Dad. Their moral compasses are well set, and they have managed to not succumb to peer pressure.

I couldn't be happier, or more proud!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.