Mothering Forum banner

Who needs a good laugh?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  intentionalmama 
#1 · (Edited)
I have twin sons with mild-moderate Autism. Yesterday was their last day of classes, tonight their Baccalaureate Mass and tomorrow, they graduate high school.

After a busy day, the three of us were rushed getting ready for Baccalaureate. I was ironing their clothes...then realized their gowns needed serious ironing, too. I looked at their faces and realized they'd done poor jobs of shaving, with random patches of stubble on their cheeks and necks and under their chins. I told them to clean up their shaves while I finished the ironing.

30 minutes before the big event, I hear Son1 walking down the hallway, talking to me. "So, I did a better job shaving. I got under my neck. What are you supposed to do about eyebrows?"

"Eyebrows?" My sons have thick, wide, beautiful eyebrows. "Honey, don't ever trim your eyebrows. Ever. No matter what anyone suggests. They're fine just the way they are."

Too late. For Baccalaureate - and tomorrow, for their graduation photos and dinner out, with 30 people - there will be only three eyebrows, between my two sons! Nothing to do but laugh.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.