Looking for lost Sex Ed Video - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-19-2004, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I once,a few years ago via divine accident on a rental car radio with only one station heard a fabulous sexual education speaker. It was on some Christian program and it was gave reasons for abstinance and so on-- and was so phenominally educational that there were a lot of things that I and my girlfriends had never known. We had our eyes opened about what's out there. It was really upbeat and focused on medical facts, statistics and social issues, (and not on damnation) and IMO was a very presuasive and educational material that I think young women shouldn't be without. I don't rember the name of the speaker-- only that she was a female-- and the title was something like "sex kills." I haven't been able to find it on google and wonder if anyone might know of it or who the speaker might be. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2004, 09:30 PM

"True Love Waits" is a Christian program that is run in many churches for teens. It is exactly how you described "upbeat and focused on medical facts, statistics and social issues, (and not on damnation)". You could look into this program or getting some of their literature.

Also James Dobson has many similiar resources. He runs Focus on the Family; I think his web site is Focusonthe Family.com. There is also Family Life Today; web site fltoday.org (?).

Any books that you like and think you may want to own you may be able to get cheaper at cbd.com (stands for Christian Book Distributers).

There are so many speakers with similiar messages these days it would be hard to pin down which one you heard. There is on I really like and I am drawing a blank on her name right now. If it somes to me I'll post again.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:28 PM

I like Family Life Ministries more than Focus, and I have heard some great stuff on sex/purity/etc from them. familylife.com

Sorry I don't know which video you're referring to, but it's my best guess either FotF or Family Life has it! (While you're there, Family Life also has a phenominal verse by verse study of the Song of Solomon, for engaged couples/newly marrieds. Stresses the blessing of sex, the progression of love, and why saving it for marriage is God's absolute best from a Christian perspective)

User Tag List