things to do with your 9 year old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-01-2002, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help!!!
I am a stay at home mom but I also do massage and preform at nights. I like to be busy and dont do well with structure and scheduals. My 9 year old needs and craves routine and structure so.. I am writing up a whole schedual and need ideas. The catagories are..
each day-
weekly-
learn time with mommy-
fun things to do-
punishments-
chores-

There are so many things I dont know what or where to begin. Pleae... do any of you have something like this? If so how do you make it work? I am trying to start unschooling and teaching her myself but she will still go to public school (long story). Any ideas on books to get, things to do? Thanks so much.... need your wisdom and experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2002, 02:07 AM

http://www.chartjungle.com/homeschoolschedules.html
Old 09-07-2002, 04:15 AM

Is it just me, or does part of that look like a submissive's list in a BDSM relationship...
"fun things to do-
punishments"

More seriously...

Does your kid actually want you to set a routine for her, or do you think she needs it? Most 9 year olds I know dont really want to have to conform to follow a schedule.

How do you differentiate punishment from chores? One bad thing she has to do is associated with you being angry, one isn't? Not exactly the most encouraging difference. And what if she conformed to your demands that day? You have an empty timeslot.

There is a difference between unschooling and homeschooling. If you designate 'learn time' you're homeschooling.

Hope this helps.

-Dan

User Tag List