My son asked for condoms!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 68 Old 09-17-2005, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzledbrat
What size?? small I assume?? how do I know???

:LOL ummm.....i really hope they dont actually say 'small' on the package...and if they do, i REALLY hope you dont actually hand him those. he would never recover emotionally....i mean, isnt your mom the one person who thinks your the best, greatest, etc

even if its a troll, its still good advice
#62 of 68 Old 09-21-2005, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaToad
I recently went to learn about how to use them........I was amazed at how clueless I was. Did you know there is a certain way to open them.......so as not to rip/tear them; and that they shouldn't touch them to get them off........recommendation is to pee them off, or have the female take it off as it is her fluids! I swear this was a HUGE eye opener for me.
~ Cathy
OK - this is a bit bizzare to me. From what I remember about using condoms, it was both people's fluid on them (2 sides you know) and if the woman takes it off and touches her self, then she could get pregnant (in theory). And isn't the "correct" way to use them to remove them ASAP and wash your hands? Thus solving most "fluid" associated problems????

Though PP suggestions about practicing puting them on some thing ahead of time is a very good idea.
#63 of 68 Old 10-05-2005, 09:44 PM

Good for you that your son feels comfortable asking you to by condoms!!!You can still get some STDs even if you use a condom. (herpes, genital warts, and etc). I would encouage him to be in a committed relationship before having sex, and postponing sex until he is at least 16 or 17 years old. Because a 16 or 17 year old makes better decisions than a 15 year old.
#64 of 68 Old 10-07-2005, 07:54 AM

I don’t have children yet but I like that you have an open communication with your children.
That's so great that he came and asked you. I’ve never saw that!!! Cool boy
#65 of 68 Old 10-23-2005, 02:27 AM

Wow, I am 14. I am really mature for my age, so I will tell you what I think. I think that it is better to give your son the condoms, becuase if you dont, then he could get this girl pregnant. Maybe he isnt even thinking about having sex, but knows that it might come up in the near future, and he wants to be prepared. I know if I was a mother, I would get my child condoms just so he doesnt go and do it anyway, and make a bigger mistake. I hope that helps, and I hope I sound mature. lol.
Sara
#66 of 68 Old 10-29-2005, 09:23 PM

I have teenage sons....they have asked for condoms. The first time I bought them. After that, it was their job to go into the store and buy them. Meaning: I drove them to the store, went in with them, gave them the money, they picked them out and THEY alone paid for them.

We talk about everything...so there are no secrets within our home....and yes, they did have questions....thanks goodness they felt comfortable enough to ask....
#67 of 68 Old 10-30-2005, 04:01 PM

I really found Sarah's reply helpful- the mature 14 y.o.! Thanks, Sarah! (or is it without the "h"?) I would love to hear from boys as well.

My 14 y.o. son is too embarassed to talk to me, though I told him, despite his protests, that when he needs condoms, I will get them for him. He isn't quite there yet, he is shy and says "you don't talk to your parents about this stuff!"

He has a friend who is a bit older than he, who is sexually active and has a girlfriend. He freely gives his friend advice, and even told me about some of it. He sounded pretty sensitive and thoughtful, and I am hoping it is a sign that he is loosening up about talking to me.

I want my son to have full & correct info about sexuality. We are homeschooling, so I wonder if any of you have good suggestions for books, etc. that aren't corny. He would never go to PP at this point.

Maybe if I go there, I can pick up some good stuff. I once tried to show him something at the local library, and he said eeuuw! Maybe he is more ready now.

Marcy
#68 of 68 Old 11-11-2005, 12:13 AM

Well mama, I have a 15 yr old dd and I have not had that question yet from her : and I pray it wont be here for a while. Oh, by the way dd is sitting next to me watching me type this, and OUR advice is get the condoms of course. Better to be safe than sorry. As far as the size needed maybe his dad could ask him that wonderful question. Or if dad is not around, well mama its all about you! Just make sure you talk to him about how important this situation is. My oh my, I wish you luck and I wish I could offer more advice. Do they have condoms that have different sizes in 1 box like a variety thing?

Rhonda DW to Mike and DM to DD Jaci 18 and DS Tyler 15- also GM to Zander 6 mo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page