Beautiful teenage boys... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-28-2005, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My oldest DD is in the 7th grade at an arts specialty middle school. The other night we went to see her perform in the school dance concert. There are only a few boys who stick with dance through the 8th grade and one is a boy who was her friend when she first started kindergarten (their paths don't cross so much anymore). Anyway, this kid was cute at 5 and I have to say, so cute at 14 (and a good dancer too!).

It is definitely not a lust thing here, but gee, he is nice to look at. Feels weird to think that though.
#2 of 12 Old 05-28-2005, 11:00 AM

Yes, I think this is one of those taboo subjects in our society. Sort of like bathing with a toddler. I wish we could freely acknowledge the beauty of bodies of all ages without feeling weird or having someone think there are sexual connotations to it.

I was observing a boy (late teens at least, maybe even 20, but in any event, I'm old enough to be his mother) in a sporting event. He was very graceful, and strong. His body had a nice balanced shape and he was muscular in a curvy way, not "too" muscular, iykwim. He was just very pleasing to watch. I wasn't having sexual feelings for him, but still, speaking about it would have been weird.

Single Mom to 3 (12, 17 & 21)  luxlove.gif and dog2.gif.

#3 of 12 Old 05-28-2005, 11:40 AM

My husband and I have have discussed this topic several times. It happens to us and we freely discuss the 'child' of the moment with each other, but hesitate to mention it to someone else, thinking they may find us weird.

You're right, it's not sexual...just beautiful, pleasing-to-look-at bodies.

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#4 of 12 Old 05-30-2005, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
A thing (or person) of beauty is a joy forever, if I may paraphrase.
#5 of 12 Old 05-30-2005, 12:48 PM

I've often felt wierd about finding teenage boys attractive, ever since I realized in college that I found some of my younger brothers' friends "hot." Ew.

I hate to say it- but teenagers are very attractive. Nature made 'em that way. Some of them are gangly and in-the-middle-of-a-change, but others are just breathtakingly attractive- in both a sexual and non-sexual way.

That said, I'd never think about going out and actually having sex with a teenager. (I'm 32.) I'm a little too old for a "Y Tu mama Tambien" type expereince, and only getting older.

I think it's fine to find people, including younger people, attractive- even in a sexual way. The thing is not to act on it, and preferably not to make the person feel uncomfortable by knowing you feel that way. Most sane people don't seriously consider sexual relations with their children's friends. It's not even a question.

Just finding a teenager attractive does not make a person a child molester, just as my finding movie stars attractive doesn't make me promiscuous.
#6 of 12 Old 05-31-2005, 01:59 AM

Lets just remember this conversation when the old men are admiring our daughters body. LOL
#7 of 12 Old 05-31-2005, 10:14 AM

Oh man, have I been here. :LOL I'm 30. I frequently point out beautiful men AND women to my DH who may agree or disagree with me. Sometimes someone else is just so striking, child, teen, adult, whatever.

Stacy - mom to Lily 5-20-06 , Angel, stillborn @ 25 wks 12-17-07 , and Cami 4-21-09.
#8 of 12 Old 05-31-2005, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsupialmom
Lets just remember this conversation when the old men are admiring our daughters body. LOL

lol

isn't that so true! :LOL
#9 of 12 Old 06-09-2005, 03:56 PM

Admiring a beautiful child is not the same as lusting after one sexually.

I admire beautiful children of both sexes and to me, there is nothing more beautiful than a child developing into a young adult, and I don't mean that sexually - I mean physically and spiritually.

I have a 15yo son and I have commented on the "cuteness" of his friends often, as do many of my friends who also have teens.
#10 of 12 Old 06-09-2005, 04:00 PM

I am a dance instructor and have this feeling often when watching competitive dancers.....both male and female. It is breath taking and I am in awe of their beauty.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#11 of 12 Old 06-09-2005, 05:11 PM

a 19 year recently came on to me and I was surprised by how I responded to him emotionally/ attraction-wise... he looked 30 though, does that count? other than that i have never, ever found teenage boys attractive. I always liked older dudes. :
#12 of 12 Old 06-09-2005, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Well, since first posting I have talked to a couple moms with grown up children and they both nodded knowingly!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page