Do you feel like you are 'on top of' your dc alot more now that they are older? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-09-2005, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I find myself 'jumping on' ds much easier now. I guess since he is older, I expect more.

I keep trying to refrain from doing it, and I am getting better- but notice I still do it.

Dh says it's normal, but I wonder if I'm just being a crappy mom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Dar

I assume this isn't the one yera old in your sig file?

I think it's harder to remember that bigger kids are still kids sometimes, as they start to look and sound so old. Maybe when you have a baby, it's even harder, because you have a really little one to compare him to?

Are there specific times or issues?

Dar

fambedsingle1.gifSingle mom to Rain (1/93) , grad student, and world traveler earth.gif

Old 07-09-2005, 08:57 PM

Sometimes i have to step back and say to my self... "self she is only 11 and may not do everything your way or know exactly how you would like things done" beacause after all she is her own person....... Good luck with your DS
Old 07-12-2005, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

No Dar, sorry, it's my almost 13yo.

I notice it mostly when he does things I can't even fathom- or when he does "stupid" things, and I know he knows better. (does that make sense?)
Old 07-14-2005, 11:00 AM

yes, especially after he loses 2 cellphones and then has the audacity to demand another one b/c he is going to Florida to visit his grandmother in a few weeks; when he usees incense in his room (and in the proces burns his plastic trashcan); when he THROWS the garbage bags into the shed as part of his chores (instead of actually putting them into the garbage cans that are in there); esp. when he uses one towel each day (at least) and throws them in his bathroom floor (beside the dirty laundry basket). This latest has a great comeback. Since its HIS bathroom, he shoudl be able to do what he wants with it. what is my comeback to that? : : :
unfortunately, we only have 2 1/2 baths (i know, horrible for us huh? - but thats what ds tells me). since HIS bathroom is the only one with a tub (ours only has a walk in shower), HIS bathroom is going to contain a changing table for the CD'ing we will be doing (who am i kidding, I will be doing) come Dec. so i need to get him in the grove of keeping this clean. Of course, to that he simply states "how can you guys do it??? you are sooo old".
well, i have been focused on the baby too much lately so it was actually good that i saw this post!
hope there are some remedies for "on top of" out there!
Rach

User Tag List