I guess I am cool - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-03-2005, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have moved to a new area, and the high school is very small (pop. 400). My DS is 15. DH's nephew is 17 and basically living with us. His parents are a mess, and so he is with us most of the time. DS is a sophomore, and nephew is a junior. Both are having a great time in high school as being the "new" boys in the school (nephew started going to it last spring, so he really hadn't gotten to know everyone, even though the HS is small and everyone knows everyone). Girls calling all the time. It's about to drive me batty!! Nephew comes to me tonight with his girly-friend on the phone, asking if it was ok if she and her friend could come over tomorrow night for the BBQ, and of course, I said yes. I told nephew he better make sure the front yard was cleaned up and that he needed to go rinse the dishes so that I could do them after putting younger kids to bed. DS is friends with both girls too, and is going to invite another friend to eat over. WOW!! I'm pretty excited that I am a cool mom!! I mean when I was growing up, my mom was just so unpredictible, I hated having friends over because I knew she would "blow-up" at anytime! I always told myself that I would be cool. I guess I am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-04-2005, 09:10 AM

#3 of 5 Old 09-06-2005, 06:22 AM

That was nice of you.
#4 of 5 Old 09-06-2005, 09:46 AM

Way to go Mama!!
#5 of 5 Old 09-07-2005, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I was told today by one of DS's friends that I was cool because I dressed cool. He commented on the sunglass I had on (Old Navy, 2 for $5!), and that he wished his mom would get cool glasses, and that his mom needed a complete make-over. I then got embarrassed because while I have never said that, I have thought it... :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page