So pleased and proud of dear daughter today! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-23-2005, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That's me tooting the horn for dd.

She's in 5th grade and ran for Student Council Secretary. I would never have done this when I was her age. Or I might have, but without a clue and no preparation.

She's been nervous off and on for a week. But this has been her production. She made the posters, didn't want me to make any. She didn't write her speech till last night. Her dad and I did make some suggestions and we critiqued her presentation. There were about 10 candidates for secretary and I'd say her speech was one of the 2 or 3 best. (Yes, I know I am biased.)

The whole thing is a popularity contest, of course. (And a poster contest! Some of them were really cute and creative.) Dd is 'popular' enough but there are a couple other candidates who simply are more popular. She won't win. But I think she's going to come away from this proud of herself for trying, knowing she put in her best effort. Right after she signed up she started regretting it and said maybe she'd withdraw. I told her to wait over the weekend and then decide. She said was going to be disappointed with herself if she didn't try.

Ack! I'm getting all teary-eyed again! I'm verklempt! Talk amongst yourselves, I'll try to pull myself together.

Someone moved my effing cheese.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page