Present suggestions for a 10 yo girl please - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-17-2005, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
She loves Bratz, but we just won't buy those. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
#2 of 5 Old 10-17-2005, 01:24 PM

At that age my niece was just starting to get into music. I got her a CD holder and 1 CD to go into it. It was just a simple 12 disk holder, not expensive at all. She loved it and over the years has bought more of the same as her collection expanded.

Mom to Kira March 2009
#3 of 5 Old 10-17-2005, 02:04 PM

dsd is 11 and this year she wanted a matching hat and scarf, funky jelwey, converse (black) or vans (the slip on kind, which are huge out here) she also wanted soft shoes like dd (moss feet or similar, tho I'm not sure why ) and a couple of CDs. She asked for gift cards (Target, Limited 2, Old Navy) but I usually don't get those (unless I get them for free) but the rellies will get those for her. (She also wnated a cell phone, but she's not getting one). She also likes craft sets (kitting is becomming huge, perhaps your dd would like one of those), clothes, and stuff for drawing/painting.
#4 of 5 Old 10-17-2005, 03:52 PM

Craft things are always a hit here! How about a basket full of knitting or crochet needles, different colors of yarn, a book to learn (or if you know how, teach her), etc.

My cousin put together a basket like that for my DD and taught her how to crochet and knit and she's been making funky scarved and hats for the last couple of years.
#5 of 5 Old 10-24-2005, 05:02 PM

My dsd is 10 and I got her a magazine sub. to New Moon. Its way cooler than those other teen mags and she loves it. Newmooncatalog.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page