upset mother - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-03-2006, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 14 year old daughter and every time she dont get her way or whenever she gets mad at me, she tells lies on me, either at school or to our neighbors. This is a big problem. Has this happened to anyone else out there. Im trying to find another innocent mom who has experienced the same thing.
#2 of 4 Old 05-03-2006, 08:10 PM

s to you. You are entering the phase when many teen girls go through a tumultuous period with their mothers. My daughter is 18 now, but I remember vividly the years between 14 and 16 when things were very rough between us. We are closer than ever now, so there IS hope. Try to communicate with her, be there for her, and be as accepting as you can. The worse thing you can do is to accuse her or give her the silent treatment, as natural as that sometimes feels to do.

Best of luck to you.
#3 of 4 Old 05-03-2006, 08:23 PM

I have no wisdom.....just hugs!
#4 of 4 Old 05-03-2006, 08:35 PM

Read the book, Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves. Although it gives only a few examples of teens, everything fits for all ages. The first chapter is about communication and there are other places where the actual examples and stories are from teenagers and how to connect with them. You can also take phone sessions with the author. She is fabulous. That book has transformed our family, including making a difference with our teenagers. You can get the book on Amazon or through book stores. It really sounds to me like a question of learning to connect with her so that she feels you are on her side. The book will help you do that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page