average height for 8 yr old girl - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-28-2006, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel like I missed an edited part since I see no reference to bleeding...

but in reference to height, both of my daughters are considered "petite". My husband is 6'1 and I am 5'5 so really we aren't short people. But my 8 yo is prob around 4ft and weighs about 52lbs, my 10yo is under 5ft and weighs about 56lbs. I see so many varying sizes in their grades, many are the same size yet she feels "short" and there are several taller and a few shorter, same for the 8 yo too. The thing is (and this may sound sexist but is reality) if I was to have a "petite child" at least its girls. Girls won't be teased for it and can deal with it better, it is more acceptable to society then having a 5ft son. Sucks but hey its reality, wouldn't life be grand if there was acceptance everywhere for everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2006, 06:20 PM

it is unlikely? huh... i guess I am the out girl then...

I started right when I turned 8. everything else... breasts, hair.. growth spurt happend later... much later.

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:38 PM

Everyone is different. My DD is 7, 4'4" and weighs 65 lbs. She's tall, thin and muscular, just like I was at that age. It's genetic, because her father is 6'4" and has a brother who is 6'6". I also have tall thin people in my background. These "charts" never take genetics or environment into account, and they are actually several decades old.

Unlike myself, though, she's not showing any signs of puberty yet. I was already starting to put on some body fat at that age. Started my period when I was 11, and I had JUST started getting BO, body hair and breast growth.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonee
wtf? You squeezed her boobs to see if she has them?

Dunno if she's small. Here in Holland most kids have that height when they're 5, but they grow up to be 6-footers. I would worry more about how an eight-year old who gets her period feels when her dad or mom or whatever squeezes her "buds".
not anywhere have i said i squeezed her buds. i said i felt.

User Tag List