Staying connected with pre-teen/teen boys - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 09-01-2006, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Air Hockey's great! I'll never forget one time my son took me to play Air Hockey when he was about twelve; I warned him that I'm not any good at those pay-a-quarter-to-play kind of games and it would be a waste of money, but it was really what he wanted to do with his allowance. It turns out that he's a very patient teacher and by the end of the quarters, I was having so much fun I completely forgot how much I hate pay-a-quarter-to-play games and how everybody laughs at me and tells me how stupid I am when I try to play them.

ds also taught me how to play Phantasy Star Online, which I always resented when it was popular because it seemed like such a waste of time. It turns out I kind of like it even though I only play when it's just me and my boy.

I hope you guys have just as good a time tomorrow as we do when he feels like playing with me.
#32 of 32 Old 09-03-2006, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dh is a consultant and he's out of town several times a month. To stay in touch with the boys they all took up karate. They get that car ride together to practice and back. We all go to regional meetings as a family. They all go out and practice together on the front lawn. I think the most important thing they get out of it is that their dad wants to spend time with them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page