"Mommy, have you ever had a three-way?" - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 102 Old 06-27-2006, 11:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This thread has me cracking up.

One time my ds (probably 6yo) asked me, "Were you and Daddy having sex just now in your room?"

I didn't know what to say (we MAY have been, don't remember now I think it was really early in the morning..)

Anyway, my dh pipes up and says, "Do you like baby brothers?"

"yep"

"well, then mommies and daddies have sex to make them"

"oh, okay."

It was so cute.
#62 of 102 Old 06-28-2006, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyka
I htink you handled it very well. I like the "what do you think it is?" question. I hope I am always calm enough to ask that first. it is always good to establish what they know and why they are asking. that gives a mom a better idea where to go with the answer.
:

: I hope my DC never ask a quetion like this. lol
: If they do I will send them to Houdini's house. JK

I think you handled that very well. I wouldn't know what to say in that situation. :
#63 of 102 Old 06-28-2006, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

HUH! I cannot believe that someone would even ask if I had. (other then my own DC). how rude.. omg, the nerve.

:
#64 of 102 Old 06-28-2006, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn38
:

: I hope my DC never ask a quetion like this. lol
: If they do I will send them to Houdini's house. JK

I think you handled that very well. I wouldn't know what to say in that situation. :
Hey now....I have enough with the need to lock down my computers.

Don't send anymore things my way!!!

By the way....I ate the last twinkie. :

Rebecca wife of Megan...moms to six crazy kiddos! Seth (15), Madison (13), Zachary (12), Trevor (12), Alex (10), and Nicholas (9)
#65 of 102 Old 06-28-2006, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummy
My words
DS (11) words
DS (7) words

Ok, so lets start by telling you the first conversation of the day....

DS (11) wakes up and is just laying across the recliner:
"are you still asleep?"
No, but I had a nightmare!
Really? What was it about?
Well, me and daddy had a race and we won but you were not there.
What kind of race, like a running race?
No, it was a maze, but we won and you were not there. I got on a boat and went to look for you. When I got the the hotel I went into your room and you were having sex with some guy.

Maybe it was *insert DH name here*.
Nope it wasnt him.
Maybe it was *insert three other names here*.

No, I know it was not ** cause ** does not wear a tuxedo, the guy was wearing a tuxedo with a tie.
Oh my *insert DS name here* that was some dream!
No mommy it was a nightmare!!!

Fast forward to a few hours later, sitting in front of the school waiting on DS (9) to get out of summer-school. Some how we ended up talking about the dream again when DS (11) burst out with....

Mommy, have you ever had a three-way?

A what?!?!
You know, a three-way.
No honey, I do not know what a three-way is, can you tell me what it is?
When three people have sex in one bed.
You mean MOMMY AND THREE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE SEX?!?!?
No, just mommy and two other people.
Honey, where on earth did you hear about a three-way?

Will and Grace.
I watched it the other night on tv, it was like midnight and I sneeked the tv on to watch it.

:

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, so I was completely prepared for the sex talk (already had that), the STD talk (had that last week when DSs seen a herpies commercial.. erhrhrh), but no way was I ever prepared for the threesome talk.. I had no freaking clue that my DC would even know what this was a such a young age. I really question having TVs in my home now!

Still, it was amusing!
THAT is exactly why I have control locks on my TV, and that I don't allow my children to watch adult shows, especially shows like Will & Grace. :

I would absolutely DIE if my 11 yr old and 7 yr old was to ask that. We do talk about sex and all that, don't get me wrong, but I would die!! :
#66 of 102 Old 06-28-2006, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK
My DS (11) once asked me if he was 'spongeworthy'

he had been watching Seinfeld reruns at his dads house

I had no idea what to say
:
#67 of 102 Old 06-29-2006, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla
Ok, what does "spongeworthy" mean?
I wanted to know too
#68 of 102 Old 07-01-2006, 02:26 PM

babyf.gif

#69 of 102 Old 07-01-2006, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesiLynne
I wanted to know too
i had to ask DH to explain it to me. On an episode of Seinfeld a few years back, Elaine's favorite method of birth control (a sponge) was not going to be made anymore. So she ran all over the city trying to stock up. She eventually ended up with a closet full of the things but was afraid to use them because those had to last her for the rest of her life. So she became really picky about having sex, had to decide of the guy was "spongeworthy"

wife to DH, Mama to DS "Bug" (09/07), and DD "Sprout" (01/11). 
#70 of 102 Old 07-01-2006, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesiLynne
I wanted to know too
Ok, so since I wont be the only one .. I will admit it, I did not know either:
Just didnt want to ask ..I dont watch that show
#71 of 102 Old 07-01-2006, 05:38 PM

:

Whatever will be, already is...

#72 of 102 Old 07-01-2006, 08:54 PM

I can't believe so many here didn't know what "spongeworthy" was!

I let my kids watch Will & Grace. Not like we all sat down to watch together but I generally didn't turn it off if they came in. I feel like most stuff will go over their heads. And what doesn't is a starting point for discussion.

But I can understand not wanting to discuss a 3 way with an 11 year old! I think I'd go with "that is something we'll discuss when you are a little older". Sometimes they hear about stuff that just isn't age-appropriate yet.
#73 of 102 Old 07-02-2006, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsten
Sometimes they hear about stuff that just isn't age-appropriate yet.
Ya think?!?!?

I was more floooooored when my 11 yr old asked me about herpies then the "three-way"
#74 of 102 Old 07-04-2006, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummy
He is 11, not really funny, sorry but that was a rather tasteless comment!
the whole original post was to me. JMHO, but I'm not laughing about any of this.

(ITA with unschoolma on this one) I'm sooo glad my kids don't even know these sitcoms and reality shows even exist and my son is almost 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDSmomma6
I would absolutely DIE if my 11 yr old and 7 yr old was to ask that. We do talk about sex and all that, don't get me wrong, but I would die!! :
ITA...IMO some things are just inappropriate and tasteless to discuss with children. :

Single (divorced), self-employed working, college student MOM to:

17 yr old

11 yr old 

4 yr old

#75 of 102 Old 07-04-2006, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy68
JMHO, but I'm not laughing about any of this.

(ITA with unschoolma on this one) I'm sooo glad my kids don't even know these sitcoms and reality shows even exist and my son is almost 11.

ITA...IMO some things are just inappropriate and tasteless to discuss with children. :

I am almost positive that you have me confused with another poster! My kids are free to watch whatever they want to without any rules imposed by me. They totally know what "Will and Grace" is and a bunch of other shows including South Park, Family Guy, The Simpsons, all of the CSI's, Sex and the City, Friends, and a handful of reality TV. They both watch movies that are too far out of my own personal comfort zone, but which are just fine for them. We've watched so much Friends and Family Guy that we can quote it lol.

I don't think these shows or subjects are at all inappropriate for children. Just depends on the situation and kid perhaps. My kids and I have no problem discussing sex with our kids. Mine don't generally want to hear the specific details of my past sexual relationships, but occasionally they do. And they often ask general sexual questions and I do not hesitate to answer them honestly. I find the OP hilarious personally.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#76 of 102 Old 07-05-2006, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnschoolnMa

My kids are free to watch whatever they want to without any rules imposed by me. They totally know what "Will and Grace" is and a bunch of other shows including South Park, Family Guy, The Simpsons, all of the CSI's, Sex and the City, Friends, and a handful of reality TV. They both watch movies that are too far out of my own personal comfort zone, but which are just fine for them. We've watched so much Friends and Family Guy that we can quote it lol.

I don't think these shows or subjects are at all inappropriate for children. Just depends on the situation and kid perhaps.
#77 of 102 Old 07-05-2006, 03:30 PM

Did I kill this thread? I sure hope not. Post peoples...post I say lol.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#78 of 102 Old 07-06-2006, 11:02 AM

UnSchoolnMa, I'm with you. I let my children watch whatever they want to. My oldest has a TV in her room and has for a LONG time. She'll come out and tell me if she started to watch something and it was not "right" for her.
With my 2 little ones they watch everything their Dad and I watch. During the day it's PBS and at night, whatever. We talk about everything, if something is scarry we talk or if they laugh at places an adult would I just watch them to see if they got any of it, if they were copying us or the laugh track. If my 12 year old were to ask me about if I ever had a 3some, I did just have to ask why she was wondering and go from there. If she just really wanted to know, I would tell her that would be a talk for when she got a little older. But answered most eveything else I could at that time.
#79 of 102 Old 07-06-2006, 12:03 PM

I'm really protective of my three...I guess I'd rather overprotect than under.
Here's why:

When I was little I watched anything and everything. To be candid, it effected me to a level of it coming up in counseling sessions. I was a lot more "psychically open" (a term my midwife uses about her pregnant Mamas and about children in general) than the adults around me, and thus things effected me more than adults watching the same thing, and in a more profound way.

I was developing my perception of the world, and no amount of discussions afterwards took away the invasive feelings many things I saw on TV gave me. Watching adult programs on a regular basis has effected my whole life negatively even to this day... and the shows in the 70s were nothing like is on now.

I unschool my kids in the sense that I create a gentle, insulated world in which they can explore, learning of the adult world in a controlled environment at a time I determine, not the TV.

I prefer not to allow the TV to introduce my children to subjects, with me running along behind playing clean-up. I'm in control over when and where they experience things that they may or may not be ready to hear about.
#80 of 102 Old 07-06-2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansavi
When I was little I watched anything and everything. To be candid, it effected me to a level of it coming up in counseling sessions.
I'm sorry you feel TV has had you seeking counseling. My parents were very relaxed when it came to TV and movies (I can remember seeing Friday the 13th at the drive-in, I was maybe 6). I get a TV in my room for a 13th birthday gift, I got cable a year later. I watched anything and everything, learned alot too.
I was the kid in school that if you had a question about anything, even sex, I was asked. If I didn't know... I'd go home and ask my mom for the answer, and that was most of the time. I was not the pregnant 16 y/o, or the one with a traumatic life, blue/green/purple hair, piercings or tattos. I was the one with a 4.3 gpa. Who came from a very basic home with a blue collar dad and a sahm.
I love that my oldest DD watched TV on her own, it brings up some very interesting conversations I don't think we'd have otherwise. Same for her choice of books. I don't plan on reading everything she chooses before she does to make sure it is "right" for her and that I would "approve".
#81 of 102 Old 07-06-2006, 05:36 PM

Quote:
When I was little I watched anything and everything. To be candid, it effected me to a level of it coming up in counseling sessions. I was a lot more "psychically open" (a term my midwife uses about her pregnant Mamas and about children in general) than the adults around me, and thus things effected me more than adults watching the same thing, and in a more profound way. I was developing my perception of the world, and no amount of discussions afterwards took away the invasive feelings many things I saw on TV gave me.
It's very unfortunate that you were affected so negatively by media. This has not been our experience at all. I hope things are better for you now.

Quote:
I unschool my kids in the sense that I create a gentle, insulated world in which they can explore, learning of the adult world in a controlled environment at a time I determine, not the TV. ...I prefer not to allow the TV to introduce my children to subjects, with me running along behind playing clean-up. I'm in control over when and where they experience things that they may or may not be ready to hear about.

We navigate the world (and media) together. I do not feel I am in a "clean up" or damage control position generally. We talk, watch, experience, etc. We've helped them learn their comfort levels.

It's been a lot of work no question about it. A lot of time has been invested talking, but it has been worth it for us. It feels right and respectful to say "Well what do you know about this...? How do you think you'll feel if...? Do you feel ready for...? Can I tell you what I know about...? Maybe we should ask someone about...?" All of those things are good for involving them in the process, respecting them and their wants, and guiding them to sources of information. Telling them a flat out "No" doesn't really convey the stuff I want to convey. I respect that this isn't for everyone though.

#82 of 102 Old 07-06-2006, 05:58 PM

I'm with Unschoolingma on this (as always ).

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#83 of 102 Old 07-06-2006, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof3inMI
I'm sorry you feel TV has had you seeking counseling. My parents were very relaxed when it came to TV and movies (I can remember seeing Friday the 13th at the drive-in, I was maybe 6). I get a TV in my room for a 13th birthday gift, I got cable a year later. I watched anything and everything, learned alot too.
I was the kid in school that if you had a question about anything, even sex, I was asked. If I didn't know... I'd go home and ask my mom for the answer, and that was most of the time. I was not the pregnant 16 y/o, or the one with a traumatic life, blue/green/purple hair, piercings or tattos. I was the one with a 4.3 gpa. Who came from a very basic home with a blue collar dad and a sahm.
I love that my oldest DD watched TV on her own, it brings up some very interesting conversations I don't think we'd have otherwise. Same for her choice of books. I don't plan on reading everything she chooses before she does to make sure it is "right" for her and that I would "approve".
Well I respectfully agree to have differing opinions on this issue. I think watching Friday the 13th at six years old is child abuse. Period.

I'm not really in the mood to debate this issue... I stand where I stand. So, if you expect a response from me, I'll probably be spending my time more wisely on another thread.
#84 of 102 Old 07-06-2006, 08:43 PM

My husband has seen every single seinfeld episode, probably more than once. He would Definitely known what spongeworthy was!!

I too shelter my kids from "adult" tv. Scary things really really bothered me as a little girl, so I try to remember that and keep them pretty low key....kids tv is ok, but only preschool type shows...not elementary age shows,..
#85 of 102 Old 07-06-2006, 09:16 PM

We are open with our children about sex topic. If they are old enough to ask, they are old enough to be given an answer (age appropriate of course). Dh and I are always lovey and kissy regardless of whose around. Why not? we love each other. We have been married 14 years. Its comical actually.. if dh and I get to playing around they will scatter and yell *are you done with the *s* thing yet? HAHA! They are so funny. playing kissyface is not sex my sweet daughter.

Or once, we came from the bedroom (truthfully not having done anything) and my eldest said *I know what yall were doing in there!* well we were'nt hehe but who cares if we were! Sex between a man and wife who love each other is not a dirty thing so we don't make it out to be some super secretive, nasty sin. Besides with six ppl in the house, It's hard to get your groove on without someone hearing at some point!

Anyway, with all that said. I lothe will and grace. I absolutely hate the show. There are very few things I forbid the kids to watch. Very few.. boobah (aka dancing peckers) and telletubbies being the top two lol but will and grace is up there. Those shows just irk me. Seinfeld, w/g, friends, sex in the city.. I can't stand any of em.

We all, however, Love all the law n orders, csi, without a trace and the Closer. Even my youngings will sit and watch those with us. It prompts some really cool discussions.
#86 of 102 Old 07-06-2006, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Besides with six ppl in the house, It's hard to get your groove on without someone hearing at some point!
That is so true.:

Quote:
We all, however, Love all the law n orders, csi
Same here. We watch these shows as a family too.
#87 of 102 Old 07-06-2006, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Well I respectfully agree to have differing opinions on this issue. I think watching Friday the 13th at six years old is child abuse. Period.

I'm not really in the mood to debate this issue... I stand where I stand. So, if you expect a response from me, I'll probably be spending my time more wisely on another thread.
It's great that you feel comfortable in your position on this. You sound really ticked off though, and I don't get that. We're just talking, sharing opinions, etc. I expect a response from anyone who is interested in giving one lol. :

#88 of 102 Old 07-06-2006, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphreal
Besides with six ppl in the house, It's hard to get your groove on without someone hearing at some point!
LOL true enough!

Quote:
It prompts some really cool discussions.
I agree.

#89 of 102 Old 07-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh for God's sake.

I'm with UnschoolInMa, as usual.
#90 of 102 Old 07-06-2006, 11:37 PM

Ok, so... I remember watching "Friday the 13th" at the drive in. I never said my parents knew I was watching it. They realized it the next night and asked me if I was ok... I said "Yes, I just don't want to go to over night camp!" I didn't see the whole thing, I fell a sleep. It was the second of two movies. I don't remember what was playing with it.
Beansavi~Sorry you feel it's child abuse, I wasn't harmed by it. I was a camp counsler for 5 years.:nana:. I can only feel that neighbors close to you must really watch out, if they watch a movie you don't agree with it's child abuse.: Do you feel the same for the actors as well?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page