sigh. quicker then i thought. Chelseys first break-up (post below re:1st bf) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-15-2003, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yep... andy broke up with her today. and from what i can see he was a real jerk about it. lol

She told him last night on the phone she'd be to school late cuz she was coming with me to the midwife today. So she got there and went to band (where she usually sees him). he was waiting and told her "its over. cuz people are complaining about us dating". she wasn't sure what he meant and was trying to tell him she didn't care what ppl were complaining about. she says that she told him "i don't care" (meaning let the ppl talk) and he figured she meant "i don't care that you're breaking up with me" and he walked away.

anyway.. the "talk" is that he was either 1.trying to keep his friends happy because they didn't like her. 2.he wants to date someone else or 3. he was mad that he spent like $5 on her and she didn't buy him anything (?)

either way, after he walked away she was really glad she said "i don't care" cuz she doesn't want to "give him the satisfacation of knowing" that she DID care. she came home and i held her while she got some crying out. i made her laugh singing "its alright to cry" in my best rosie grier voice. And told her that sweets have no calories the day of a breakup - rice krispy treats for all. Her dad and I talked to her lots about first boyfriends and did all the cliches making her giggle despite her best efforts not to. Dad told her all about his first girlfriend too.

she said she felt better and then she made plans with a girlfriend who is 15 and her mom to go see "school house rock" and sleepover her house tonight. She left feeling good..was going to discuss with her friend whether or not she should return his gumball ring and stuffed animals he gave her, or if she should just keep them for "pain and suffering". i told her what i thought, but its up to her. lol

anyway, since i've been online he's called THREE TIMES. the last msg was "i really need to talk to you. please call". Um... she is gone till tomorrow afternoon and even then prolly will not call him. She's pretty ticked off. She is glad that she didn't " kiss him or anything " (whew and yay!) .

so, she is going thru her first breakup and i think she's doing really pretty well.
just wanted to share.

i guess i could call him and tell him she's gone till tomorrow.

naaaaaaaaaaaaaah
#2 of 3 Old 03-15-2003, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like Chelsey is handling this perfectly! You and your dh sound so sweet. I have always wondered how I will handle boyfriend/grilfriend situations with my kids (will be happening soon, I think)! Thanks for posting this story

I LOVE that your daughter went out to have fun and that he has been calling! HA...let him call...

And I vote for keeping the ring and stuffed animals!
#3 of 3 Old 03-17-2003, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Glad it worked out ok! I actually got teary-eyed when you mentioned her crying (I think it's pms...) I vote she keeps the stuff, too. Just pack it away and she can take it out once in a while to think about her first official boyfriend. Then in 20 years she'll take the stuff out sometime and just laugh to herself about the whole thing.

Someone moved my effing cheese.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page