Forum Jump: 

Old 08-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoninBeGonin
I can't believe the responses I'm reading on this thread. Are most of you part of Man Bashers Anonymous? He dropped the subject as soon as she told him her age. He didn't follow her out to the car, grab her breasts, or expose himself
There are safer places to flirt. Almost every workplace has specific policies about sexually harrassing customers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2006, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Wrong for flirting? What about women, are we allowed to flirt? If a girl is 16 (not that much different from 14, btw), and she thinks a salesclerk looks cute is she allowed to smile, or strike up conversation, or otherwise let him know she's interested in knowing him better? Or is it only wrong if it happens to be a man?
There's quite a difference between smiling and striking up a conversation and 'say, you look good pumping gas...do you have a boyfriend?' (gag, would ANYone respond to this garbage?)

No, women acting in a professional capacity are not allowed to flirt either. When a cute man comes into my office it is most certainly inappropriate for me to say 'wow, you look good in a tank top. Are you dating anyone?'

On their own time folks can do what they want. When they're on the job, they need to act the part.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Okay, you two have a point. BUT STILL the responses are waaaaaay out of line. "Pervert" "sexual harrassement" etc? Does anyone truly want a person to lose his job, potentially get a police record that could follow him for life, all because he misjudged a girls age?

~Nay

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
Old 08-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Okay, you two have a point. BUT STILL the responses are waaaaaay out of line. "Pervert" "sexual harrassement" etc? Does anyone truly want a person to lose his job, potentially get a police record that could follow him for life, all because he misjudged a girls age?

~Nay
My concern has nothing to do with a man 'misjudging a girl's age', but the fact that he is an employee of a business.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:44 PM

I don't remember anyone saying he should have his balls removed or be thrown in the slammer... but that a complaint to management is in order. Whether or not he followed her to her car to grab her breasts doesn't mean he wasn't out of line! She was a young teenage girl (who by her mother's description looks like a teenage girl) and this guy made advances to her. Someone should tell him it's not appopriate for him to be doing that, especially at his place of employment.

I am not a "man basher" I have four boys.

By the way I just checked with my husband and he said that thinking that any girl who has breasts is old enough to date an ADULT is one of the dumbest things he's ever heard...

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:00 PM

I haven't read all of your replies, but I wanted to express concern about situations like this. 2 years ago we were buying a house and I was checking sex offender registries in the area where we currently lived and in the area that we were moving to. On Easter 2005, I went into a convenience store that was located about 3 blocks from my former home on our way out of town. The clerk who waited on me watched me throughout the store, then tried to flirt with me as he was taking my money. The whole situation gave me the creeps. He seemed oddly familiar, but I figured it was because I used to live so close to the store (I had moved about 8 months prior). WRONG! On the way home I had a gut feeling that I had just seen his picture before. I was right. That convenience store clerk was a registered sex offender! I had just seen his picture the day before on the police website. You never know who people are and his interaction with your daughter could mean a lot more to him. You just never know.

User Tag List