Proud Moment! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-07-2006, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds babysat a friend's children last night. When I got home, he came up and asked me " How much money do you think I made tonight?" I said I had no idea. He said, "NOTHING". I figured he was pulling my leg, as my girlfriend always pays him well. He told my girlfriend that as he was not going to accept any money from her, that she always paid him well and she had just paid him for babysitting on Monday so she could do some volunteer work at a local fair.

I gave him a big hug and told him that I was proud of him for being so thoughtful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-07-2006, 03:20 PM

Is he a real kid, or just, like, a hologram or something. How good are you?

"With the thoughts I'd be thinkin', I could be another Lincoln,

If I only had a brain."duh.gif

#3 of 7 Old 09-07-2006, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammax4
My ds babysat a friend's children last night. When I got home, he came up and asked me " How much money do you think I made tonight?" I said I had no idea. He said, "NOTHING". I figured he was pulling my leg, as my girlfriend always pays him well. He told my girlfriend that as he was not going to accept any money from her, that she always paid him well and she had just paid him for babysitting on Monday so she could do some volunteer work at a local fair.

I gave him a big hug and told him that I was proud of him for being so thoughtful.
Wow! That's so wonderful!Your son is the best and it is definitely a reflection of his upbringing!

Mom to DS (16), DD (7), DS (5), and excitedenergy.gif about my final baby due October 2014. Love fluffy mailheartbeat.gif, appreciate midwives, and can't wait to wear a baby againjoy.gif!
#4 of 7 Old 09-07-2006, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

You know, I thought about countering that proud moment with some other moment... like on Tuesday--I had just bleached his hair that afternoon. Dh came home and asked ds to move a wheelbarrel of dirt. Ds replied that he had just had a shower after getting his hair done and that he didn't want to get his hair all dirty. : Dh and Ds ended up working on something else in the yard, but what an excuse for not doing work!
#5 of 7 Old 09-07-2006, 04:06 PM

He sounds like an awesome kid!!

Jennifer
#6 of 7 Old 09-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Banned

Ahhh, what a great guy
#7 of 7 Old 09-07-2006, 05:39 PM

He sounds so much like my son, both the good and the bad.

ds finally has a steady (reliable every week) babysitting job after responding to the question, "How much do you charge?" with "I'd pay you to let me watch him if I had any money!". When the quadriplegic lady I do IHSS for asked him how much he'd charge to stack wood for her, he said, "Whatever you can afford will be a big help." He literally works for food at the Food Bank even though we qualify for a free box every month.

Keep in mind that he needs money for clothing, bus fare, and other minor necessities that most kids' parents cover and that he does not receive an allowance.

On the other hand, I make his bed for him and bring him food from the kitchen and he's very bad about SAVING for those big ticket items he needs instead of immediately spending his pay on little treats for his older sister.

Ah, teen boys; they're exasperating, but you gotta love 'em.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page