Parent's Homework Assignment - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 65 Old 09-12-2006, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3girls

Sadly, about 1/3 of the parents have not done it. A few wrote just a short paragraph about nothing. One wrote

Johnny is 13 years old. He has brown hair and blue eyes, he is 5 foot and 6 inches tall. His favorite color is blue.

It almost made me more sad than the parents who didn't write at all. At least those kids can make excuses to themselves about why it didn't get done. For this kid it just screams "I don't know my son and didn't even take the time to try to find something important to write about."
That's quite the judgement to cast. It's incredibly unfair.

Statements like the one above are why these assignemnts bother me.
#62 of 65 Old 09-12-2006, 11:46 AM

Well, so much for the fluffy, sappy thread the actual OP was going for. If you aren't comfortable shaing this information with dc's teacher. Express that to the teacher, then sit down and do the "assignment" and give it to your dc to read and keep it for themself.

Solo Mum to 4 and loving every minute of it!!!!
#63 of 65 Old 09-12-2006, 01:31 PM

My apologies to the OP - looking back, I think I was the one who originally derailed the thread. I'm sorry about that. I think you wrote a lovely letter to your dd's teacher.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#64 of 65 Old 09-12-2006, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT
I would say no you shouldn't. You are punishing the students who's parents did not fill out the form. It is NOT the students fault, they have NO control over it, yet you are punishing them.

You handed it out and gave them a due date. It was probably assumed that it was for a grade.

You are punishing the student for someone Else's actions. That is NOT OK.

And reading to a 13 year old? Please, like she would even want me too! I was supposed to sign a paper saying SHE read a book to HERSELF. Not that I read it to her. She has a 12th grade reading level. She reads all the time. I am not concerned about her reading habits. Those reading logs irritate me.
Thankyou, I'm going to sign my dd's book log ahead. I feel so bad for the students that miss recess because their parent's don't sign that stupid log!!!

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#65 of 65 Old 09-13-2006, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride
My apologies to the OP - looking back, I think I was the one who originally derailed the thread. I'm sorry about that. I think you wrote a lovely letter to your dd's teacher.
No apology necessary.
What can I say? My daughter is a great kid and I was glad to share the info with her teacher.

Kim , mom to Amanda (16):, William (13), and Annie (5)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page