DD purse was stolen - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-10-2006, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD calls from work tonight saying she can't find her purse (it was time for her to leave). Her boss tells her to go home and the boss will continue to look for the purse!! I said I would be right there. They found the purse, out the back door and the contents all over the ground. Her wallet and cell phone were taken. Luckily she didn't have much cash on her and doesn't have credit cards or anything. She is very shaken up. When I got there I suggested that they call the police (which never crossed their minds!). I also said a few things to the manager that it's not right that they don't have a place for the employees to put their belongings so they are secure.

My dd's comment...she's worried that her library card was in her wallet!!!
#2 of 4 Old 09-10-2006, 02:10 AM

That's so sad and violating

I know the feeling, my wallet was just stolen and I am having to go through all of the inconvenence of replacing things.

Whatever will be, already is...

#3 of 4 Old 09-10-2006, 08:29 PM

Call the cell phone company -- They can put a "hold" on the phone, so that the person who stole it can't use it. In some cases, they might be able to track the phone.

I agree though, there should be a secure location for employees to put their things. There's not a "back room" or "employees only" area there?

I obviously don't know about your daughter's work environment, but maybe she could keep her cellphone in a pocket?
#4 of 4 Old 09-11-2006, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmenot
Call the cell phone company -- They can put a "hold" on the phone, so that the person who stole it can't use it. In some cases, they might be able to track the phone.

I agree though, there should be a secure location for employees to put their things. There's not a "back room" or "employees only" area there?

I obviously don't know about your daughter's work environment, but maybe she could keep her cellphone in a pocket?
I called the cell phone company right away. I told them the last time my dd had made a call and they said there were calls since then (but luckily no charges). The police were there and asked for the phone numbers that were called, and the phone company wouldn't give them...not even to the police...even though the numbers will show up on my bill next month! The phone is now on hold. If anyone tries to make a call from it, it goes right to our phone's customer care center.

There is a back room that the employees can put their stuff (not in lockers or anything though). There is a back door that is to be kept shut and locked at all times, but one of the guys forgot to lock it after taking out the garbage. Personally, I'm not sure that someone 'broke' in. It may have been one of her co workers (awful as that sounds). DD said she yelled at one of the guys going through her purse the other day...he said he was looking for gum. I told her she should have said something to her manager right then.

I told my dd that she didn't even need to take her purse to work. She can use the business phone to call me to pick her up. She shouldn't need and $ at work.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page