Curfew - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-09-2003, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
In California, is there a curfew?

I went to the Foothill Division police department and I was told by the Head Juvenile Detective that there is no such thing in California or Los Angeles. Detective Nadine Arango.

I also contacted and paid some shyster lawyer who told me the same thing.

I have had problems with my daughter and have had trouble getting backup?

Is this true?

Or is the policewoman too lazy to enforce the law and do her job?

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#2 of 5 Old 05-28-2003, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know the law there, but I do know what my mother did when I was a teen and trying to stay out late...I don't know about your daughter, but I wasn't confident enough to go to different places, I was always at one of two cafes lol! My mother brought my picture to all the stores and let them know I was underage and not to sell me cigarettes or they would hear from her, then she brought my picture to the cafes and told the owners to call her if I was there after ten pm. She also threatened them, so they always called. She would also call them. i think they even tried changing their number. Boy, it was crazy lol! But it worked and I guess that's all that matters, right? If I brought a friend over she would get their full name, address, phone number and then call their parents to see if it was okay for them to be over.
Oh, yeah, she also brought my picture to all the bars, but I never did go into any. Never was my thing, but I guess she just wanted to make sure.
I was never embarrassed, because everyone always told me they wished their mother loved them that much. In a way it made me feel cared about, but I did get upset at all the fun I thought I was missing. Now that I am older it is definitely something I am grateful for and I know I didn't miss anything special.

I was never into drugs, but my younger sisters were. my mother told them that if she ever thought they were high, or if they brought anything into her house then she would call the police because it is illegal to possess drugs or to be under the influence.

I hope this helps...sending
#3 of 5 Old 05-29-2003, 02:10 AM

I'm not aware of any curfew in California either. (I have to add that I am grateful for that!)

I'm sorry you are having trouble with your daughter, did you ask the Juvenile Detective what they would recommend for help or back-up? There might be some sort of services or Big Sister type program that might help.
#4 of 5 Old 06-11-2003, 01:06 PM

I'm in TX so don't know about CA. Maybe try asking another person or two in your town's police station, see if its consistent with the info you have.

In dallas we have a curfew and I'm glad cuz my daughter and her friend snuck out of house, middle of night, in car with boys and got stopped for curfew, called me and I went and picked them up. I never would've known they were gone if not for that phone call at 2:55 am. I also believe those guys could've/would've drugged/raped/hurt the girls if police had not come.

I think parental and city curfews are a good thing!!
#5 of 5 Old 07-13-2003, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I do too!....

But sometimes the police officers are too lazy to enforce the law.

:

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page