What language does your teen speak? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 68 Old 02-18-2007, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Emo, there's never an end to talking about that one on a daily basis. I got called emo today because I was wearing skinny jeans.

In a group of 10 year olds the boys received their new competition speedos and the girls started giggling calling them day. I cooly responded that my husband wears a speedo(used to in swimteam but they don't know that) and that ended that conversation since they all think he's "dreamy".
#62 of 68 Old 02-19-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyn View Post

what does "the cake is dank" mean?!?

pamela
If it tastes good its "dank" .... also prevalent in my kids vocabulary "killer" and "hella" "That cake was hella dank" response: "killer"

Mom to DD born 1989 DS born 1993 and grandma to
DGS born 2005
#63 of 68 Old 02-19-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTail View Post
It is, , with urbandictionary.com the lexicon is leaving us oldsters behind. They know where the language is headed. Can't stop the tide, or teen's word coinage.
I'll wait for one of them to bust out with the urbandictionary.com reference. Until then, I'll remain opposed to the new adjective.
#64 of 68 Old 02-22-2007, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
The latest one around here is Swicked, ie sweet + wicked.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#65 of 68 Old 02-24-2007, 12:23 PM

Like in a restaurant, a teenage waiter is like, "Like, Dudes, do'ya know what you want."
#66 of 68 Old 02-27-2007, 06:06 PM

i am new here, this is my first post... i am helping to raise my little brothers, 14 and an autistic 12 year old,

this thread had me cracking up! the 14 y.o. always says "crap" or "sucks" and occasionally "gay" at the moment, the 12 year old, is in a phase where he will yell "LANGUAGE!!" when he hears bad words, including "crap, sucks, and damn"

on the "gay" used as lame... my gay brother uses this word as lame and i just want to hit him. I don't like it or "retard" i refuse to let anybody get away with that in my presence.
thanks for letting me join in.
#67 of 68 Old 03-01-2007, 08:13 PM

Some kid is getting sued over saying "thats so gay"

Here is the story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17388702/?GT1=9145
#68 of 68 Old 03-02-2007, 11:32 AM

I am tired of the emo stuff. Out here (rural n. Fl.) it means kids are cutting themselves, saying life is horible, they are horrible. My daughter (who is homeschooled) has about 4 kids calling or IMing with some really destructive stuff. I just found out about one of the situations-she told me it was different but then found out it seemed to be the same stuff-kids starved for attention and turning all the dark side of life on themselves. I don't want her around this for very long periods of time. She will go to the movie tonight with her brother-it has actually been quite a bit better this week . Emotions are intense and fleeting at this age(12-14)-I object to the putting them on really negative,self destructive music rather than the balance of dealing with real life-the happy and the sad.It cana be very negative and very depressing. Sallie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page