Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
alone
#2 of 3 Old 10-01-2007, 11:08 AM

If I think there is a chance this behavior might occur, I insist on supervising. I dont allow many trips to the Mall . For my dughter, age 14,it is a peer pressure thing. I can talk and do about so many issues but if she is in situations without support and guidance from me, the parent seh can act oppoiste of her values. I do see some growth in that reapect but I think it takes a long time to get to that point. I am encourging friends with people that this is not an issue with. The shopplifitng has not speicically come up but I will not let her just hang with kids in town,at the Mall unless I can turst the other teen and there is some semblance of adult supervison. Sallie
#3 of 3 Old 10-01-2007, 05:30 PM

Yes, I think you need to tell the other parent about the shoplifting. I would keep it simple and just deliver the facts as you know them, and let him know that you would want to know if you were in his shoes and that's why you are letting him know. And you're telling the dad so he can help his child and talk to him about it.

You can tell your kids that you are telling his dad and you can talk to them about WHY you are talking to his dad. It takes a village

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page