What are School Administrators Thinking??? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-14-2007, 02:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What he did was dangerous, thankfully no one was hurt. And since no one was hurt, I don't understand why the punishment is so severe. I understand a littering fine, paying for restitution for any damages (if any) loss of bus priviliges, (even permanent) and maybe a 3 day suspension. But 30% loss of grade and 10 days out? Wow. Thats a bit harsh, unless the child is known to get into trouble. I don't see how the loss of grade is a relevant unless work wasn't made up. Maybe its quizzes they will receive 0's for? That I understand, b/c many teachers have policy's that if you miss the quiz day, you take a zero. (and there are enough quizzes each semester that missing one or two won't make you fail) Is this the first time your child has been suspended or gotten into any trouble?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2007, 09:54 AM

I still really think it's outrageous, especially as it seems it was an accident. Yes, the result was very dangerous and could have been much more so, and as a former "goody two shoes" I've always hated that kind of fooling around, but I still think the punishment is extreme, and so unrelated to the "crime" that I wonder what he will learn from it? I hope the other kids involved in throwing the bottle around were punished as harshly, as it was pure chance that it was your son's hand that swatted it out the window.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:53 PM

what does the school want restitution FOR???

and the grades thing is way beyond ridiculous. i say call a lawyer too.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:39 PM

I hope you will keep us informed about the final outcome of all this. I also believe that taking 30% off his grade is ridiculous. It's as if the school wants to see him do badly. Shouldn't educators be most concerned with kids getting the best education possible?

Is this 30% off his quarterly grade? What kind of system is this school on?

User Tag List